27.8 KB · Views: 1
  • sexpistolstone200804.jpg
    sexpistolstone200804.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 2
  • sexpistolsvicioustoofast.jpg
    sexpistolsvicioustoofast.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 2
thanks a lot for all the pictures lady stardust, they're fantastic! :flower:

When I think of PiL, the term "avant-garde" comes to mind. I'm not sure how well they'd fit into that, seeing as how "avant-garde" is usually used to describe scenes, not individual artists or works. They're definitely experimental, though, and make some of the most refreshing music I've heard in a while.

That said, being a person who likes the ethos of old-school punk and its rawness, I also like the Sex Pistols, but only when they were still musicians.

Also, @ rollagasper: nice avvie!

lol, i love the guys ... they are great!!!

i'm glad i had the chance to see them live a year ago :smile:

^ really? :woot: that's so cool, it was a cool concert? share this unique experience with us, lol

That said, being a person who likes the ethos of old-school punk and its rawness, I also like the Sex Pistols, but only when they were still musicians.

Hahaha! :lol:

Fillipovna, I think PiL were definitely "avant-garde." Genre-wise, i'd say they are Post-Punk, although that term really encompasses a wide variety of sounds and is better at describing that period and general the mentality of how bands approached making music. So many creative bands came out of that late 70s to early 80s period. As for the avatar, Keith totally could have made big bucks modelling. :P

atooomic: I like the quote in your sig. Definitely words of wisdom. Ha ha.

@rollagasper, yeah, I definitely agree with that. I bet Maggie Thatcher had something to do with the creative output somehow :P

Have you seen all the photos from First Issue? There were four of them, one of each band member (Jim Walker was still in at this point), and they were supposed to emulate the look of magazine covers. Jah Wobble's was made to look like a cover of Vogue, hahaha. Great concept, me thinks, judging by what some of the songs off that album are about.

I need to get into some Public Image...i have only heard one song..but it was good..

Fillipovna: Yeah, I really like the concept of the album photos. It suits the album really well. Plus it kind of made it clear that Pil wasn't just going to be Sex Pistols 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Flowers of Romance" is ace.

I remember seeing a video on youtube of them performing "Death Disco" on some show (it might've been TOTP). John had his back the the crowd the whole time and Jah would give a huge grin every time the camera was near him.

thanks for the video, rollagasper. that song is really great :D

i'm really happy here's a thread for sex pistols. I'm a really big fan of them. i just love them in & out!

About the movie " Sid & Nancy".. In my opinion, gary oldman acted a bit too much. i mean in real life, sid was always so muzzy and sleepy, and didn't really care about anything. Gary was all about playing bass and dancin' around. But that's just my opinion, otherwise i loved this movie.

Has anyone seen "Who killed nancy"? . i read about it, but no wonder it's not in my country yet(probably never will be ), good movies never find their way here..:smile:

need some punk tonight...

ebay.com
img0000095a.jpg
pistols71.jpg

yay, just found this thread! i've been a big fan of the Sex Pistols since I was 12, my mum was a punk, so listening to all her vinyls made me fall in love with the sound! :D John Lydon has amazing style!

here's a few pics I'm not quite sure have been posted before..

tumblr_lzm5pzSoru1qjj175

tumblr_lzlq71ktgR1qadrhe

tumblr_lb7050Fq3v1qadrhe

tumblr_lb1ngyZejJ1qaubt7

tumblr_l1fkfsYlVs1qa1iiq

tumblr_kzr06b5iRT1qadrheo1_400.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->