Sharp Dressed Man...

love that tie and love that combination you were wearing last week, Softgrey :heart:

hmm, i should have paid attention when we were creating things with macrame in school (decades ago) :lol:

Where is Destination? Is it new?

Macrame is technically a process of tying diff type of knots. And I'm with Pradaesk, should have paid better attention, but all I wanted to do was work with clay....

How great would it be if you could say, "I macra-made it myself" :lol:

Originally posted by purechris@Nov 18 2004, 12:29 PM
Where is Destination? Is it new?

Macrame is technically a process of tying diff type of knots. And I'm with Pradaesk, should have paid better attention, but all I wanted to do was work with clay....

How great would it be if you could say, "I macra-made it myself" :lol:
[snapback]437326[/snapback]​

It's in the meatsmelling district. Actually it's not new. It's been around for 3 years, and I have always passed it by, because the storefront looked like another contemporary shop, a la Scoop. A few days ago I was searching for any info about Collection Privee, and I stumbled across an article in jcreport. Needless to say I was there in a heartbeat, and I was very impressed.

Originally posted by pradaesk@Nov 18 2004, 08:31 AM
love that tie and love that combination you were wearing last week, Softgrey :heart:

hmm, i should have paid attention when we were creating things with macrame in school (decades ago) :lol:
[snapback]437090[/snapback]​
thanks pradaesk...i know what you mean about the macrame...i remember vaugely making a belt and a plant holder in the seventies...but i was really young and my mom really did most of it...
:doh: :innocent:

Originally posted by faust@Nov 18 2004, 12:32 PM
It's in the meatsmelling district. Actually it's not new. It's been around for 3 years, and I have always passed it by, because the storefront looked like another contemporary shop, a la Scoop. A few days ago I was searching for any info about Collection Privee, and I stumbled across an article in jcreport. Needless to say I was there in a heartbeat, and I was very impressed.
[snapback]437332[/snapback]​

I :heart: Destination. A hidden gem. Have you seen the Xavier Delcour leathergoods? Verrrry nice.

Originally posted by Sybarite@Nov 19 2004, 08:30 AM
I :heart: Destination. A hidden gem. Have you seen the Xavier Delcour leathergoods? Verrrry nice.
[snapback]438152[/snapback]​

Yes. I liked some of them, but some I wasn't too keen on. They were just a little shinier than the stuff you can get on St.Marks for a fraction of the price. I don't know what it is about Xavier that's been making me lose my interest in him lately. He seems kind of stuck as far as his designs go, do you know what I mean?

i've seen the tie myself now in person...or a couple of different versions of it..they carry it at a detacher...a women's store...on mott st...

i didn't realize that the tie is stiff...it is treated with something to keep it stiff...

i saw a version that just had a bit of macrame at the end in blk and one in a tobacco colour that was all macrame with a pointed bottom...

the white one is still far and away the best of the best... :crush: :heart:

Originally posted by faust@Nov 19 2004, 11:02 AM
Yes. I liked some of them, but some I wasn't too keen on. They were just a little shinier than the stuff you can get on St.Marks for a fraction of the price. I don't know what it is about Xavier that's been making me lose my interest in him lately. He seems kind of stuck as far as his designs go, do you know what I mean?
[snapback]438255[/snapback]​

I see what you mean. When I see his clothes on a rack I'm like 'here he goes again, more black slim stuff designed for himself'. In the same time I must admit that his creations look very good on him

i know how you feel brian...but now i have satisfied the craving...

brian said:
:cry: !!!

how much was it? :broken-heart smiley:
$170, as previously reported, sans tax. But it was 30% off, and softie, style-maven that she is, charmed an extra 5% off off the Italian salesperson.

I've been wearing a lot of ties of a different sort lately (my current fave from APC), but I must say, that white version on page 1 is gorgeous. It adds a bit of boho texture to the whole stark b&w thing.

wow bakla...good memory...

yeah...i'm just sooooooo charming...LOL...:mrgreen:

i will wear the blk tie with a blk shirt...to give a similar effect of the wht on wht...

Oh, so you got the black version of this tie. I was thinking that in the other thread you said it was a similar tie, which I took to mean a different one. Never mind me...

yes...it's different...
the crochet is only at the tip of mine...like a diamond at the end...

and blk...
same designer though...it's like one of the ones i described above at a detacher...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->