Reaction score
New Face with The Lions :heart:

SwySQ0x.jpg

nowfashion

This picture is from Proenza Schouler backstage

Proenza Schouler S/S 2016 New York :magic:

xYpj16s.jpg

nowfashion

She caught my attention at the show, I'm intrigued.

I'm going all in early on this girl. Instantly smitten. :wub:

One of Proenza Schouler’s Stars Was Discovered Two Weeks Ago

Proenza Schouler’s runway has been known to serve as a launchpad for new models, from Molly Bair and Angel Rutledge to Harleth Kuusik, which left all eyes on Spring’s lineup, led by two California-bred newcomers, Selena Forrest and Shelby Hayes, both of whom made their runway debut tonight.

Forrest, a gamine teen from Long Beach, CA, served as the collection’s opener, leading a pack of models that included stars like Binx Walton and Julia Nobis. Discovered less than a year ago, her skepticism after being approached by a scout almost stopped her career before it began. “I was on a beach, and a lady just ran up to me and asked if I wanted to model,” Forrest shared backstage. “At first I blew her off, but then I connected with her a couple weeks later— I’m glad I did.” Thrust into the modeling world, Forrest soon found herself handpicked by Ashley Brokaw (the brand’s longtime casting director) to don the show’s opening look. The experience of not only walking in her first show, but opening it left Forrest impressed— both by the fashion industry’s inner workings and designers Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez. “They’re just consistently so cool,” said Forrest. “I can’t think of a better show to be a part of.”

The Orange County–bred Hayes has had a similarly pleasant experience working with Hernandez and McCollough. “It’s been excellent working with Jack and Lazaro,” says Hayes. “You can see their passion for what they do, there is just a spark in their eyes when they talk about the collection.” Discovered two weeks ago while grocery shopping with her mother and flown in specifically for the show, Hayes, a self-described “bookworm with a fondness for Disneyland” is still getting acclimated to the fashion scene and its rich history. “I would always look at girls on the street who were well dressed, but I never really thought about fashion until I started modeling,” says Hayes, who has since gotten advice from a past Prada opener, Willow Hand. “Now I’m going online looking up designers—I’m doing the research!”

While both Forrest and Hayes are certain to get a great deal of attention now that they’ve walked one of NYFW’s biggest shows, at heart they’re just normal teens. Forrest name checked Disney Channel star Zendaya Coleman as a style icon, while Hayes admitted a love of dystopian sci-fi. It’s only a matter of time before the pair become Fashion Week regulars, but for the time being they’re content to enjoy the moment. “I haven’t had a bad experience yet,” says Hayes, “everything has been wonderful, the people, the city—I love it.”
vogue.com

Last edited by a moderator:
With The Lions.

Height 5'10"
Bust 30
Waist 23
Hips 34
Shoe 9
Hair Brown
Eyes Brown

thelionsny

interesting. on the lions site they say she was an exclusive with proenza schouler.

She was probably a semi-exclusive.

Vogue

Coach S/S 2016 Ad Campaign

ph Steven Meisel

instagram/thelionsny

2 shows - 2 campaigns.Very impressive.

Marc Jacobs S/S 2016 Ad Campaign

David Sims - Photographer
Katie Grand - Fashion Editor/Stylist
Guido Palau - Hair Stylist