Sherlock (BBC)

lookyourbest

Reaction score
Apologies if there is already a thread for this. LOVED that show, so stylish and entertaining (and fun).

Loved the way the two character bounced off each other. Can't believe we have to wait a year until the next series!!!

can't believe no one's watching this. :(
i thought that the series opener was absolutely brilliant. i dare to day it swept an already amazing first season... :D

This series is epic. Did anyone start watching the second series? The first ep. already premiered :wink:

It's my favourite thing on TV by far and the episode that just aired was the best.

Certainly one of the best drama's on TV. Stephen Moffat is something of a genius in my eyes, he and Mark Gatiss have done a brilliant job. I've seen the next episode of series 2 The Hounds of Baskerville and it's brilliant, they're adaptions are wonderful. I think Lara Pulver was a wonderful addition to the series. I know Ben so I'm biased, but he's certainly my favourite Sherlock to date, sorry RDJ!

I agree with everything you said especially what you said about Stephen. Benedict is such a good Sherlock, a lot better than RDJ, and him and Lara had such wonderful chemistry. I can't wait for the next episode especially because it features Russell Tovey.

I don't even think i'm seeing the same story when i'm watching Ritchie's version, so all is well and i dont see it as a competition. The first ep of the 2nd series blew me away, IMO it's the best one so far. Too bad the season is only 3 eps long, i wonder if they'll go ahead with the 3rd series? Moffat said it all depends on the main duo and if they're willing.

It's absolutely amazing, I am completely and hooked and cannot wait to see the next episode!

This show is so good, it's insane. So well written and well acted,I secretly wish that all the writers for all the crappy melodrama will feel inspired to write something as difficult and mentally stimulating as this someday :D

so the second series just aired? i have been waiting for this for so long. i LOVED the first series.

at last i figured out that of sher-locked, and it only took me ten minutes:lol: clearly Sherlock Holmes is an amateur comparing with me :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched the first episode of the second series on the NY Day with friends and got completely hooked. Bought series one and I'm in love.
Possibly the best TV series I've ever watched. Very well done, great actors, interesting storylines. Great.

^ i do too, but considering each episode is an hour and a half long, it does make sense to only do three.

The thing is they're shooting 3 one and a half hour episodes, that's the equivilent of of two movies more or less, and they don't have nearly the same amount of time in production as a film would. They shot this series, August into September last year and that's really quite a quick turn around considering the post production work the show requires. I'd rather they only shot three of the quality they're turning them out than have more, perhaps shorter with weaker production. Plus both Ben and Martin have careers building outside the show. This series, Martin took a break from The Hobbit in NZ to fly back to shoot and they only had him for five weeks I think it was, I wonder whether a bigger series, with an extended shoot would appeal to either actor as much.

quality over quantity.

i've watched season 1 three times over now. i look at season 1 as a trilogy of films, and i'd rather watch a four and half film than 22 episodes that drag the plot out and becomes sort of insane (cough tru blood, cough)

i don't think i mind the fact that the season is only 3eps long that much as much as i don't like the huge "gap" between the seasons. this time around it was almost year and a half, no? i do hope they manage to do it at least under a year gap.

any scoop on whether they're okay with doing the third series, LittlePaper?

Stephen Moffat works at a practically glacial pace and he has Dr Who too but I can't see why they wouldn't do another series, there's plenty of material. I wouldn't expect it any time soon though. I haven't heard there won't be one. I haven't heard for definate there will be one though but I can't see the BBC not recomissioning! I don't think either Ben or Martin would object to the idea though, seems to me they all rather love doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swfrank123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->