Sherlock (BBC)

Great show

One of the best tv-serials ever. The beginning of 2nd season is just - wow. Never expected it to be better than 1st. But it is better! Very smart, dinamic and strong work. Bravo for all cast and production team - they're doing a great job!

Should I start by watching season 2, or do I have to start watching from season 1?

Both seasons are good, although I like second more (for now, it's only one episode). I think you can watch this show separatly - each episode is like mini-film, independent story. Enjoy dialogs, they're great.

It's more exciting when you start watching from season 1! there are only 3 episodes anyway.

OMG I loved the newest episode! As usual, it's thrilling, lip-biter, well played. I looved the plot. It's one of the best series of the moment (y)

What do you think about the 3rd episode?
I thought it was amazing :heart:
Excited about series 3!

the last episode was good. i just watched sherlock holmes: a game of shadows a day prior to watching the episode which was ironic.

The last episode was incredible. I think I've never been that emotional through a tv-series episode. I felt so bad for John towards the end of the episode, Martin Freeman is such an excellent actor.

That last episode was an absolute rollercoaster. I was kept on edge throughout and felt every emotion you can think of. I cannot wait until the next series.

i'd really like to see how he explains THAT in the next episode , from the answer i will consider it a good serie or just another joke like Lost

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic episode! Actors are brilliant! Can't wait until 3 season...
And I really can't compare it with Game of shadows by Ritchie.... IMHO this show is so much better...
I also like the screenplay that is kept very similar to books. I respect that a lot.

It's tumblr's fault I rediscovered this show and fell in love with it. It's always getting spammed on my dash. I'm glad it was because I truly love it!

i need your help girls. i'd like to watch the series, but i'm one of those people who always has to read the book first, so can you tell me how closely the series is based on the books? and which ones i should read for which episode?
i guess the very first episode is based on A study in scarlet?

sorry if this has been said before somewhere, i didn't want to read through the thread too much for fear of spoilers

i need your help girls. i'd like to watch the series, but i'm one of those people who always has to read the book first, so can you tell me how closely the series is based on the books? and which ones i should read for which episode?
i guess the very first episode is based on A study in scarlet?

sorry if this has been said before somewhere, i didn't want to read through the thread too much for fear of spoilers
yeah, i didn't read these books in particular, BUT i remember from ONTD that the titles indeed follow the titles of the book (but loosely the whole story), so i hope that helps! :flower: overall, from what i remember from those discussions is that they mix it all up so they put elements from other stories too.
they do put the modern twist to the story - for example, and this isn't really a spoiler - but Watson is a war veteran from Afganistan in the series (unlike the book one where he's from 2nd Anglo-Afgan war).

wiki says this:
Study in Pink - Study in Pink
The Blind Banker - The Valley of Fear + Adventure of the Dancing men
The Great Game - The Adventure of Naval Treaty + The Adventure of Bruce Padington Plans+ Five Orange Pips + The Adventure of the Retired colourman

Scandal in Bohemia - A Scandal in Bohemia (my fave ep :heart:)
The Hound of Baskervilles - The Hound of the Baskervilles
The Final Problem - The Final Problem

no probs, hope you like it, it's one of the best series out there IMO. :smile:

I love Sherlock so much, it's the best tv-series ever made imo. Not only are the actors brilliant (Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman AND Andrew Scott? I mean, come on!), but the cinematography is so stunning and breathtaking that I have no words. Every freakin' single shot, transition, angle, photography..... Every second in this series is so thought through and you can see all the hard work they're putting into this. It's rare with tv-series that are made today that are so gorgeous to look at and that I could watch on mute if I wanted to, just to look at the picture.

It's especially this really quick little shot in "The Scandal in Belgravia", where the only thing you see is a close-up of Sherlocks violin, his fingers who makes a tune with the strings seperately and the fireplace in the background. Everything is so dark, except for the flames, burning in the background. I'm such a geek when it comes to these little things like that, but... It's so pretty, and it's not something they had to include in the episode, still it sets the entire feeling of that moment.

Over a decade later, but I rewatched most of the series for the first time since 2014 (and I guess 2017) over the last few weeks and it's astonishing how well the early seasons still hold up. Each season is like a little movie series in its own right, and in hindsight I can see why it had a whole nation on fire over the prospect of new seasons while it was on.

I loved Moffat/Gatiss's version of Sherlock (the man and the show - also Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's incredible performances, they really anchored it), but I'm glad it was made when it was, probably the last gasp of time in which showrunners could appreciate internet approval but not be governed by 'what will people say' when it came to casting and conception. It's like seeing 'retro internet' now, the way technology was used in the early seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->