Sheryl Crow battles breast cancer

roppal222

Reaction score
Singer Sheryl Crow has had surgery for breast cancer and postponed a North American tour scheduled to start next month.

In a statement on her website, Sheryl said she had undergone successful surgery and described the procedure as "minimally invasive".

Doctors said her prognosis was excellent and she would have radiation treatment as a precaution.

"I am joining the more than 200,000 women who will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year," she said.

"We are a testament to the importance of early detection and new treatments ... I am inspired by the brave women who have faced this battle before me and grateful for the support of family and friends."

Last month, Sheryl, 44, and Lance Armstrong, seven-time winner of the Tourde France cycling race and a survivor of testicular, brain and lung cancer, announced they were scrapping plans to get married after a two-year relationship.

http://today.reuters.com/

http://www.channel4.com/news/

For some reason I thought I knew this... I saw something on it today, but hasn't she made the announcement previously?

Either way, it doesn't matter. Hope all goes well.

Ironic justice. She stole Lance Armstrong from his wife who stood by his side while he was battling cancer.

^They started dating looong after he was divorced. And he stated on Oprah that he and his wife were divorced when he publicly went through his cancer treatments:flower: ...not that I'm trying to defend him, b/c according to the other Sheryl/Lance thread he's quite an ***:P

So I've heard.

Our governor Chris Gregoire had breast cancer a couple years ago-I think right before the race against Dino Rossi-and with early detection they were able to remove the tumour without her having to undergo radiation.

Fabulyss said:
Ironic justice. She stole Lance Armstrong from his wife who stood by his side while he was battling cancer.

That was very cold-hearted on your part. Who in the world would be happy that this is happening to a person- let alone a person you don not know???

^Who said anything about being happy? I couldn't care either way because I don't know the woman. I just stated the irony.

Fabulyss said:

Justice???? I find it deeply offensive from anyone who says its justice to get cancer. My mother died from breast cancer, suffering for 2 years and then I had to watch her die, don't ever say these things about someone who is unfortunate enough to find themselves in this situation.

Fashion Puss, I am sorry to hear about your mom. Cancer is so ugly. Hope all is well for Sheryl Crow.

Ouch Fabulyss. Sheryl didn't steal him, he was divorced. Nevertheless, I know it's a common theme on these forums to always blame 'the woman' when a r'ship breaks up, but it does take two to tango :wink:

Fashion Puss said:
Justice???? I find it deeply offensive from anyone who says its justice to get cancer. My mother died from breast cancer, suffering for 2 years and then I had to watch her die, don't ever say these things about someone who is unfortunate enough to find themselves in this situation.
I'm sorry to hear that, I went through the same thing with my aunt when I was in high school. It is very tragic for everyone involved.
Fabulyss I hope you haven't watched anyone you love suffer from cancer or else you surely wouldn't have made that statement.

Erin said:
For some reason I thought I knew this... I saw something on it today, but hasn't she made the announcement previously?
I was thinking the same thing...:question:

Might be mixing it up w/ someone else...hmm.

Get well, Sheryl:flower:

Kylie Minogue had breast cancer...maybe that's why we've heard about it before. :( I really hope Sheryl gets through this. She seems like a trooper. My thoughts and prayers are with her at this difficult time.

She grew up in a town about two hours from where I live...It's all over the news here. She has done so much for the town she grew up in and has never forgotten where she came from...a little cotton town in the Missouri bootheel.

God bless you Sheryl. Our prayers are with you.

my grandmother died of breast cancer, i really wish her a lot of luck in her battle against this terrible disease

Sorry for the poor joke. I really meant to emphasize the irony, I don't truly believe its justice. My appologies!:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->