Shiloh Fernandez

Kenysha75

Reaction score
Shiloh Thomas Fernandez (born February 26, 1985) is an American actor and model, best known for his roles in Jericho and United States of Tara, as well as portraying Peter in the film Red Riding Hood.
shiloh-fernandez-vman-01252011-03-430x550.jpg

Career

Before becoming an actor Shiloh began working as a dishwasher, and an American Apparel catalog model hand-picked by the company’s CEO, Dov Charney for his then-fledgling company. Later arriving to L.A. he asked Charney for a job and was hired as a stock boy, Shiloh described working in the stock room as "awful" and the "worst job ever".His first acting gig was a commercial for First 5 California that was directed by Vadim Perelman and the first tv show he did was Cold Case.

In 2008, Fernandez became one of the four front-runners to play Edward Cullen after he auditioned for Catherine Hardwicke in her Venice Beach garage, during the casting of Twilight. Fernandez was allegedly Hardwicke’s first choice, but it was up to Kristen Stewart who had the last say. Shiloh later recalled on his narrowly missed opportunity, "At the time, it was just another audition. I didn’t realize I was missing out on stardom and giant paychecks. Now, looking back on it, I certainly wouldn’t have been mentally stable enough to deal with all that. Lucky for me, not getting that part led to other work that was a much better fit for me."Fernandez, who had no formal training, admitted being bashful around other actors during rehearsals. Having done an array of television shows (Jericho, The United States of Tara) including starring in the Gossip Girl episode "Valley Girls" as Owen Campos, alongside Brittany Snow and Krysten Ritter. He eventually landed his first big break playing a troubled small-town Texas rink manager in the 2010 Sundance hit Skateland with Twilight alum Ashley Greene.[6][4]

Though he lost the Twilight role to Robert Pattinson, Hardwicke kept Fernandez in mind and cast him in his first romantic leading role alongside Amanda Seyfried in Red Riding Hood. The role became his Hollywood movie breakthrough, making him a hot commodity.MTV Networks' NextMovie.com named him one of the 'Breakout Stars to Watch for in 2011'.[8] In addition Fernandez also is lined up to play his first film role that requires an accent (a Welsh one, in a British drama called The Beloved. As he shot into the spotlight he became the cover model of Nylon Guys March 2011 issue, introducing him as "Hollywood's New Rebel".[10] He then became the cover man for the April/May 2011 issue of Da Man magazine.
Personal

Shiloh Fernandez was born in Ukiah, California. He has a stepfather who is a contractor, and has a younger sister and a brother.Shiloh used to smoke pot during his high school days to help him relax, but says now he does not "need to be stoned anymore. Weed was never fun for me – I was just uncomfortable with myself so I wanted to be stoned. But just being comfortable in my own skin now means I don’t have to do it."His favorite movie of all time is The Thing Called Love and for him River Phoenix is "like a god". If he were not acting, he would have majored in Spanish, moved to South America and run a banana farm or work in construction cause he is good with his hands or, if he was better at it, a writer. Shiloh has an affinity for country music and his dream role is to play a country music star.[3] He is friends with Thomas Dekker. They did a movie together called wh*re, that Dekker directed in which Shiloh referred to him as "one of the best directors" that he's ever worked with.

Filmography

TV Shows
Year Title Role Note
2009 Three Rivers Scott Becker TV series; 3 episodes: A Roll of the Dice, Alone Together, Good Intentions
2009 Gossip Girl Owen Campos TV series; episode: Valley Girls
2009 United States of Tara Benjamin Lambert TV series
2006 Jericho Sean Henthorn TV series (2006-07)
2007 Crossroads: A Story of Forgiveness Justin Gutierrez TV movie
Lincoln Heights T.J. TV series; episode: Baby Doe
Drake & Josh Julio TV series; episode: The Storm
2006 Cold Case Valentino TV series; episode:one Night

Movies
Year Title Role Note
2005 Wasted Kyle Short film
2007 Interstate Edgar
2008 Deadgirl Rickie
Gardens of the Night Cooper
Cadillac Records Phil Chess
Red Pete
2009 16 to Life Rene
2010 Happiness Runs Jake
Swerve Daniel Short film
Skateland Ritchie Wheeler
2011 Red Riding Hood Peter
Music videos

* Just Impolite (Music Video by Plushgun 2008.)
* Ride (Music Video by Cary Brothers 2008.)
socialitelife.com
WIKIPEDIA

Last edited by a moderator:
Mon, 11 May 2009 Brittany Snow & Shiloh Fernandez: Gossip Girl Greatness

Sand masters Brittany Snow and Shiloh Fernandez get together for a new photo shoot promoting their new episode of Gossip Girl, airing TONIGHT!
brittany-snow-shiloh-fernandez.jpg

The episode is a potential spinoff series, which would follow the adventures of Lily Rhodes (Snow) as a teenager in 1980s Los Angeles. Shiloh plays Owen Campos, Lily’s love interest. Also featured in this ep is Gwen Stefani and her band No Doubt, playing an ’80s band called Snowed Out.

Gossip Girl episode “Valley Girls” airs TONIGHT (May 11) @ 8PM ET/PT on The CW. 25+ stills inside from tonight’s ep…
justjared

justjared

Mon, 29 March 2010 Mark Salling & Thomas Dekker are Flaunt Fellows

Newcomers Mark Salling, Shiloh Fernandez and Thomas Dekker show off their hot bods in a new spread from Flaunt magazine.
mark-salling-flaunt-magazine.jpg

The actors posed for photog Yu Tsai in the issue’s “Dichotomies” feature, both shirtless and in suits!

Also featured in the spread is Canadian actor Kevin Zegers, most recently seen in Frozen.

FYI: Mark is wearing a Giorgio Armani suit and shirt and a Dior Homme vintage leather tie.
Justjared

Wed, 21 April 2010 Shiloh Fernandez: Red Riding Hood Hottie

Shiloh Fernandez is set to star in the gothic horror Girl With The Red Riding Hood, a re-imagining of the Little Red Riding Hood fairy tale.
shiloh-fernandez-little-red-riding-hood.jpg

The 25-year-old actor will play orphaned woodcutter Peter, who falls for Amanda Seyfried’s character.

THR reports Twilight director Catherine Hardwicke will be helming the Warner Bros. project. (Shiloh actually tested for the role of vamp Edward.)

Leonardo DiCaprio is producing through his Appian Way shingle.

Pictured below: Shiloh with celeb shutterbug Tyler Shields.
jusjared

Fri, 23 July 2010 Amanda Seyfried & Shiloh Fernandez: Red Riding Hood Hook

On-screen couple Amanda Seyfried and Shiloh Fernandez head to the set of their new movie, Red Riding Hood on Thursday (July 22) in Vancouver, Canada.
amanda-seyfried-shiloh-fernandez-red-riding-hood.jpg

The flick is being helmed by Catherine Hardwicke, who directed the first Twilight film before parting ways with the franchise.

Costars also pictured in costume: Virginia Madsen (Red’s mom), Gary Oldman, Cole Heppell, Jen Halley, Billy Burke and Lukas Haas, who stars as The Architect who gets replaced by Ellen Page in Inception.

20+ pictures inside of Red Riding Hood stars Amanda Seyfried and Shiloh Fernandez…
JUSTJARED

Fri, 23 July 2010 Amanda Seyfried & Shiloh Fernandez: Red Riding Hood Hook

justjared

Tue, 27 July 2010 Amanda Seyfriend: Gym Time with Shiloh Fernandez!

Amanda Seyfried and co-star Shiloh Fernandez work out together at a local gym on Monday (July 26) in Vancouver, Canada.
amanda-seyfried-shiloh-fernandez.jpg

The twosome has been shooting their new movie, Red Riding Hood, which is being helmed by Catherine Hardwicke (she directed the first Twilight before parting ways with the franchise).

Shiloh will play orphaned woodcutter Peter, who falls for Amanda’s character, Red. Can’t wait to see this one!
justjared

Tue, 04 January 2011 Tyler Shields: Star Studded Video Compilation!

Lindsay Lohan stares into the camera lens of celebrity photographer Tyler Shields in this video compilation of his work from all of 2010.
tyler-shields-2010.jpg

Included in the video are Lindsay Lohan, Juno Temple, Shiloh Fernandez, Harry Shum, Jr., Aaron Paul, Alex Pettyfer, Zachary Quinto, Summer Glau, Kellan Lutz, Emma Roberts, and more!

“What an amazing year it has been and what an even more amazing year it’s going to be!” Tyler shared.
justjared

Wed, 26 January 2011 Shiloh Fernandez Talks Missing Out on 'Twilight' Role

Shiloh Fernandez shows off his toned torso in an unbuttoned shirt in this spread for Vman magazine’s latest issue, on newsstands on Thursday (February 10).
shiloh-fernandez-shirt-open.jpg

Here’s what the 25-year-old Red Riding Hood actor had to share:

On missing out on the role of Edward Cullen: “No one had any idea what Twilight would become. At the time, it was just another audition. I didn’t realize I was missing out on stardom and giant paychecks. Now, looking back on it, I certainly wouldn’t have been mentally stable enough to deal with all that. Lucky for me, not getting that part led to other work that was a much better fit for me.”

On his experience working on Red Riding Hood: “To be given this great part with this very complicated backstory is such a learning experience. And [director Catherine Hardwicke] has created this world that’s so detailed and so beautiful. I loved being a part of it.”

On his ultimate aspirations: “I want to work and I want to become the best actor that I can be. But I also want to be a happy, interesting person. It’s hard to be an interesting person if you spend all your time on a set. That isn’t the real world. You’ve got to have a good life outside of all that. You’ve got to spend time in places where there’s not always someone on standby to bring you a glass of water.”

FYI: Shiloh is wearing Diesel and Dior Homme.

For more from Shiloh, visit Vman.com!
justjared

Wed, 16 February 2011 Ashley Greene & Shiloh Fernandez: 'Skateland' Traile

Check out the trailer for Ashley Greene and Shiloh Fernandez’s indie drama Skateland, out March 25.
ashley-greene-shiloh-fernandez-skateland-trailer.jpg

Synopsis: Ritchie Wheeler (Fernandez), Michelle Burkham (Greene), and wise-cracking lady-killer Kenny Crawford (Taylor Handley) struggle with the collapse of their tumultuous home lives, the alcohol-induced idling of reckless adolescence, and the wane of their hometown hangout, the local roller rink. A story syncopated with moments of violent turbulence, of heartbreak and of new beginnings, Skateland shows the brutal, but beautiful vastness of East Texas blue skies and the emotional claustrophobia of the Bible belt. Skateland is a place where aging values wrestle with contemporary pop culture to create a paradoxical balance between old and new.

WILL YOU WATCH watch Ashley Greene and Shiloh Fernandez’s new movie?
justjared

Tue, 22 February 2011 Shiloh Fernandez: 'Interview' Magazine Man

Shiloh Fernandez shows off his big bite in these new black-and-white shots from Interview Magazine. (It’s from February 2011 issue but his his Red Riding Hood co-star Amanda Seyfried on is on the March 2011 cover).
shiloh-fernandez-interview-magazine.jpg

When asked about his Red Riding Hood character Peter, the 25-year-old actor responded, “They were having every boy audition for both roles, for Peter and Henry. Henry’s wealthier, the son of the blacksmith, who Red Riding Hood’s parents arrange her engagement to. He’s a really good guy but just doesn’t get the girl. Peter is more of the mysterious hero. I had to think about why I was attracted to Peter and not Henry, when I’m probably more like Henry. I’m not the guy who always gets the girl. I’m not the hero. But the role that appealed to me the whole time was Peter. He’s a migrant worker who works hard and has love for this girl that’s never-ending. He tries to do the right thing throughout the whole film. Somebody who works that hard to be a good person, who’s maybe not innately that way, fascinated me.”
justjared

Mon, 07 March 2011 Shiloh Fernandez: New Shots for Tyler Shields!

Shiloh Fernandez goes shirtless in this new shot captured by celebrity photographer Tyler Shields.
shiloh-fernandez-tyler-shields.jpg

The 26-year-old actor and Tyler teamed up for the photo shoot in Shiloh’s hometown of Ukiah, Calif.

“My very dear friend Shiloh Fernandez is in Red Riding Hood [and] you must go see it,” Tyler shared. “Some laws may have been broken and good times were had by all! He may or may not have almost died doing one of these but who’s keeping track!,” Tyler added.

For more from Shiloh, visit TylerShields.com!
justjared

Wed, 09 March 2011 Shiloh Fernandez Premieres 'Red Riding Hood'

Shiloh Fernandez suits up for the premiere of his new film, Red Riding Hood, on Monday (March 7) at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in Hollywood.
shiloh-fernandez-red-riding-hood-premiere.jpg

Also attending the red carpet event: Twilight star Nikki Reed, wearing the Linda Strapless Dress by Hype Apparel with Stuart Weitzman platforms, and Kaboom’s Thomas Dekker.

Shiloh recently sat down with MTV News and dished on auditioning for Twilight with Kristen Stewart. Check out his interview below!

FYI: Shiloh suited up in Band of Outsiders.
justjared

http://www.mtv.com/videos/?id=1659417

Wed, 09 March 2011 Shiloh Fernandez Premieres 'Red Riding Hood'

JUSTJARED

Fri, 01 April 2011 Shiloh Fernandez Covers 'Da Man' April 2011

Shiloh Fernandez is Da Man magazine’s cover model for the April/May 2011 issue!
shiloh-fernandez-da-man-magazine-april-2011.jpg

Here’s what the 24-year-old Red Riding Hood actor, who wore clothing by Dior Homme, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Ben Sherman, and Levi’s, had to share:

On whether he’d rather keep doing movies or TV: “I like the experience of a film because you sign up for a particular role and it has a start date and it has an end date. I think it would be a great experience to be on a TV show where you play a character that’s always changing, always different, but I haven’t had a lot of opportunities come up in TV recently. I’d absolutely be open to it. I feel like, for me right now, film seems a better fit.”

On what he likes to do to recuperate after projects: “I like to play catch with a baseball. I like to go to my hometown and smell the aroma of Grape Crush. I like to play with my baby brother and baby sister (ages five and three), chat and drink wine until the wee hours of the night.”

On what he’d be doing if he weren’t acting: “I would love to learn how to build houses. I wish I was a better writer. Maybe I would finish college and get a degree so I could get paid to sit down and chat with folks. That question is a persistent one that’s always in the back of my mind.”

JUSTJARED

^^Thank you so much for all the pics! KARMA :flower:

Shiloh Fernandez, who stars in Catherine Hardwicke's 'Red Riding Hood' as the love interest of Amanda Seyfried. Also the star of Dead Girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honeybabe
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->