Shiseido Men

EdK

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used the Shiseido mens lines and is it a good line? I was thinking about getting the cleanser, moisturizing emulsion, and the total revitalizer? How to use now. Do you use the revitalizer only during night/sleep time? and the moisturizing emulsion does it act as a daily moisturizer alone or do you have to put something over it? do you guys put sun block mopisturizer over or under your daily moisturizer? or is putting both too thick and bad for your skin? guys and gals respond please!

I've tried the foaming cleanser, moisturizing emulsion, total revitalizer.

Cleanser: One of the nicest of its kind I've tried. I've rebought this.

Emulsion: Light moisturizer. Works well on its own if you're satisfied with the level of moisturizing it provides. Otherwise you can use the cream on top of/instead of the emulsion.

Revitalizer: A nice gel cream which forms a film that gives your skin a fairly matte appearance. Can be used day and/or night.

Shiseido products in general feel great to use BUT the emulsion and revitalizer contain ALCOHOL which is drying... They worked great for me during the hot, humid Milanese summer. Now that I'm in Munich, and it's winter: OUCH! It's not hydrating/protecting my skin enough. I'm using Chanel's Age delay instead, much nicer IMO.

arg they contain alcohol..... does the cleanser contain alcohol?

the foaming cleanser is unbelievable

after hearing good things about shiseido, i decided to try the facial cleanser and it's definitely the best one i've ever tried. what's great about it is that your face will feel squeaky clean. yes, i mean "squeaky" as in when you regular soap and your skin will feel pert. nevertheless, normally when it feels squeaky clean it usually also mean that it will dry your face in a minute later. but it's not the case with shiseido men, your face will stay hydrated without the film residue you would get from most facial cleansers.

their hydrating lotion (which actually shoud be called hydrating liquid since it doesn't have the viscosity of a lotion, it's liquid instead, just like water) is also good but i guess this one depends on your skin type. it might not be enough for people with extra dry skin.

Do they have scruffing lotions?
How much does the cleanser cost?

Compared to Neutrogena, Clinique etc... would you say they're much better?

Oh yes, Shiseido is a great product. The emulsion is very soft and good for normal skin. Their cream cleanser is very comfort, difficult to compare with the cream cleanser of Guerlain that I used to have during winter time. Shiseido sun cream is very famous, cause so light texture. My friends told me. I want to change after my current sun cream finish. I always use sun cream under daily moisturizer/lotion. B)

http://www.shiseido.co.jp/e/men/html/index.htm

yes, shiseido men has a deep cleansing scrub, i got the sample and i've been using it once a week for a few weeks now. it's a good scrub, i mean it's definitely better than drugstore scrubs or the body shop's but i'm not as impressed as i was with the cleanser. but then again, i was really impressed with the cleanser. nevertheless, the day i used the scrub and went out, my friend actually noticed that my skin looks brighter (is it even the correct adjective?). so i guess that means that it's good then. i'm contemplating about buying the scrub, actually.

compared to neutrogena, shiseido's cleanser is way superior. compared to clinique, it's still better. but i might be biased, i never had held clinique in high esteem, but i've tried their cleanser, it's good but i don't think it's any better than premium drugstore cleansers. but it seems that good skin care is always relative, no product works for everyone. i know a lot of people who find that neutrogena works wonders with their skin and i also know people who tried shiseido and found out that their products dry their skin.

i think it's better to go to the counter and get samples, i mean if they expect you to dig $30 for a bottle of cleanser than it had better work. i definitely recommend you to try the cleanser, the moisturizer (try both types lotion and emulsion), and the scrub. as for the rest... i'll keep you posted the next time i go there.

You guys got me interested.
I've been using Clinique for some time, and I feel my skin to be okay, but the cleanser sometimes doesn't clear the pores.
Is there an equivalent of the scruffing lotion? (i.e. leaves skin matte, non-oily and minimizes pores immediately and over time)

I might try the cleanser, but if I'm going to use Shiseido for a while I'd like to use something additional to the cleanser.

Also, what are your feelings about a cleanser that works as shaving gel as well?

Do you think it'd be good to use Shiseido cleanser and some products from Clinique or would that cause a compatibility problem?

The cleanser does work as a shaving foam as well; shaving creams/foams are usually based on detergents anyway. Personally I prefer to use a shaving gel instead, I find it a bit hard to get a pleasant "shavable" foam... Shiseido also has a deep cleansing scrub; I've tried it and it works as expected. I personally prefer Estee Lauder's Idealist Micro-D though.

They don't have anything similar to the Scruffing Lotion; if you like it, continue using it. There shouldn't be any compatability problems, there hardly ever are. SAs will try to tell you their products work in synergy and so on, but I just combine whatever I'd like to use. Never had a problem.

Thanks!!
I'm going to use Shiseido Cleanser (just bought it), Clinique Scruffing lotion, and shaving gel.
As for the scrub, I'm not sure, I think I will wait until I run out of my Clinique scrub.
Is Estee Lauder's Idealist Micro-D really good?

I think the Micro-D is great, very effective; practically industrial strength... Why don't you get a sample at the EL counter?

And, of course, EL suggests that you use the Idealist serum as well... This is of course not necessary, even though it feels great.

What is Idealist serum?
Also, which product from Shiseido do you recommend, Moisturizing Emulsion or Hydrating Lotion?
They seem too similar, can't really tell the difference.

The Idealist serum is basically a lightweight moisturizer, to be worn alone or under your regular moisturizer.

To be honest, I wouldn't recommend Shiseido men's moisturizers; they contain alcohol.

I just read some stuff about the Idealist serum.
Micro-D sounds very good, which one of these two do you recommend?

In fact, I'm very curious, could you tell us your AM/PM routine?

Sure... I wash my face with the Shiseido cleanser, once or twice a week I exfoliate with the Micro-D. I use Chanel Age Delay serum or Estee Lauder Idealist serum, then moisturizer.

AM: Chanel Age Delay lotion, SPF 15. PM: Chanel Age Delay night cream.

Nothing complicated.

goeth314 said:
I just read some stuff about the Idealist serum.
Micro-D sounds very good, which one of these two do you recommend?

Well, it's not the same kind of product, but if I had to choose one it'd be Micro-D.

tott said:
Sure... I wash my face with the Shiseido cleanser, once or twice a week I exfoliate with the Micro-D. I use Chanel Age Delay serum or Estee Lauder Idealist serum, then moisturizer.

AM: Chanel Age Delay lotion, SPF 15. PM: Chanel Age Delay night cream.

Nothing complicated.

Maybe I should add the fact that I'm 37; something like this would probably be too rich for younger skin...

Thanks again, the simplicity of your routine surprised me, I'm sure you have great skin.

Yeah, I know it's not the same product, but I trying to find a complement to the scruffing lotion to keep my pores clean and closed, and eventually "close" them.

Quoting from the website

Delivers dramatic skin resurfacing benefits with our exclusive TripleSphere Refinishing System™. Deep, thermal action warms skin to help open, detoxify and minimise pores.

See it. Clearer, less visibly lined and virtually poreless.

How true is this?

goeth314 said:
Thanks again, the simplicity of your routine surprised me, I'm sure you have great skin.

Yeah, I know it's not the same product, but I trying to find a complement to the scruffing lotion to keep my pores clean and closed, and eventually "close" them.

Quoting from the website

Delivers dramatic skin resurfacing benefits with our exclusive TripleSphere Refinishing System™. Deep, thermal action warms skin to help open, detoxify and minimise pores.

See it. Clearer, less visibly lined and virtually poreless.

How true is this?

Thanks, I do have great skin considering my age and the fact that I smoke and drink more than I should... :innocent:

Sooo, how true is it? It's exaggerated, that's for sure. But that's how it is in the cosmetics industry, right? I really think it's a good product, but don't expect miracles... I feel it does do a little bit of what it claims, but no skin care product in the world will give you the poreless appearance of a 12-year old...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->