Total Skincare Makeover - Help!

TheSoCalledPrep

Reaction score
Hello, skincare experts!! I realize there are tons of threads on all of the different products, but I find myself overwhelmed with all of the skincare options out there. I need to start taking MUCH better care of my skin, though, and I hope you guys can help me.

Currently, I use:
Cleanser: Clean & Clear 2% Salycilic Acid or Shiseido The Skincare Cleanser
No other skincare... I use makeup with SPF everyday, ranging from a total of 15-40 spf...

My main problems:
Dryness above my eyelids (near my nose)
Blackheads... ALL over my nose. Not visible but extremely bad and annoying.
Dull, lifeless skin.

I would like to start using the following:
Eye moisturizer (night)
Facial moisturizer (day)
Weekly scrub/peel treatment/something

And maybe other things. I really would like to get my skin more healthy looking. No Neutrogena, it's horrible for me. Price... is not a problem. :smile: Thank you guys so much!

I can't help you much but I have the same questions: what are the options for good eye and face moisturizers?

You should try using a toner also.

I had problems with dry skin, a little bit of blackheads on the tip of my nose and dull skin.
I was also very overwhelmed by so many products, opinions, articles and reviews.
So I spent a lot of money " experimenting " and to see what products works for me. Finally I have found one that works wonder for me !

Clarins

I use their skin-balancing moisturizer.

Also the face treatment oil ( because I've got a little bit of a dry skin )
wich helps
prevent night-time moisture loss. I also blend two drops of it with my daycream.

Purifying mask

Gentle facial peeling

I can post before and after pictures but I'm not a Clarins spokesperson in disguise :P
Just sharing what really worked for me :flower:

U can read about their products at www.clarins.com and see what you might wanna try out.

S.

Yeah, I've heard a lot of good stuff about Clarins...but then I heard that about Clinque too and that doesn't suit my skin at all... :doh:

I used Clinique myself and it didn't do me good at all.
I got breakouts and I got so upset !
Then I decided to use Clarins wich worked for me. I guess u have to
try ur way to the product that works for u :flower:

i use dove day and night creams, doesn't clog my pores

I've not used clinique before but judging from that face prep i don't think i'm going to try it!

im 14 and clinique is working very well for me. But i doo have annoying black heads.

If you don't want to use clinique then clarins is very good too.

You should always cleanse tone moistuise and put sunscreen on. But maybe buy things for your eyes and a night cream etc.

For your dull and lifeless skin(sticking with clarins here) I'd advise then clarins Beauty flash balm. I'm serious it's apparently really good and been out for ages, It gives your skin youthfull raidiance. In my Harpers Bazaar it was calling it an age old beauty secret or something.

I know im only 14 and I shood probably be studying stuff for school but beauty's more interesting:D

Sounds like I should start using Clarins then!

Does anyone know of a good eyecream though...? :unsure:

I was considering Clarins but I was afraid I'd spend lots of $$ on something that wouldn't work. Reading Golden's comments made me feel more confident. I think I'll give it a try.

Becky_da_da_da said:
Sounds like I should start using Clarins then!

Does anyone know of a good eyecream though...? :unsure:

Just take a look at their website or ask the people that works
at the Clarins counter, they'll help you out :flower:

Golden_butterfly said:
Just take a look at their website or ask the people that works
at the Clarins counter, they'll help you out :flower:

Yeah, I probably will do that ^_^

I also highly recomend the Dr hauschka skin care line. You can buy it at Sephora.

I've striggled with dry skin my whole life and tried so many different product lines but since I started using Dr Hauschka last fall my skin has become so soft and nourished.

and I second that anti clinique sentiment... their skin care line was brutal on my skin. Clinique products feel so dryng and cheap.

I've started using Biodroga products that I bought from the lady who does my facials. So far I really love it! It's a bit pricey but it's suppose to be the best and you can only by it at spas and places like that! They have a moisturizer too and it makes your skin look very glowy!:woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->