Shoes For Winter

étoiledunord

Reaction score
Hi I'm a man from Finland. I'm looking for some winter sneakers/trainers. I have some Y-3 Adidas sneakers for summer which are really cool but I haven't managed to find some cool stylish sneakers for winter. In Finland we get snow & ice so I need special soles for the shoes. Can anyone help out ? Don't recommend "big-***" mountain hiking boots or anything like that. :lol:

datera sig annan forma anslagstavla!!

ju förr dess bättre :wink:

Originally posted by pandera@Sep 22nd, 2003 - 12:19 am

OK, that's Swedish and not Finnish. And it doesn't make a lot of sense, did you run something through Babelfish?

I suspect I know what you mean, and I agree if I did get it right.

Originally posted by pandera@Sep 21st, 2003 - 6:19 pm

Vad menar du med den ? :P

Bor du i Stockholm ? Vilken typ skor köpa du för vinter ?

Originally posted by tott+Sep 21st, 2003 - 11:53 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tott @ Sep 21st, 2003 - 11:53 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-pandera@Sep 22nd, 2003 - 12:19 am

OK, that's Swedish and not Finnish. And it doesn't make a lot of sense, did you run something through Babelfish?

I suspect I know what you mean, and I agree if I did get it right. [/b][/quote]
Yes it doesn't. I am a so-called Finnish-Swede so I also speak Swedish.

SO CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND SOME NICE TRAINERS/SNEAKERS FOR WINTER WITH THE APPOPRIATE SOLE FOR ICEY CONDITIONS ?

hmm, i am not sure what exactly you are looking for.
but i really like these
ADIDAS X COUNTRY

(WELCOME)

I need snakers with special soles for winter. In Finland we have ice so if I'd wear normal snakers with summer soles I'd fall on my *** continusly which isn't very nice. :D

Rubber soles are good for icey/snowy streets for example. Any good sneakers with rubber soles ?

in my experience most/many finns speak swedish

gore tex is a nice feature to have on a shoe for the winter months

OK, I take back that I think I know what the babelfish message meant, I'm just confused...

This winter I might buy some great Prada zip boots (with rubber soles) I've been lusting after for a while. I don't know, I try to fight the urge. I should start saving some money, damnit!

As far as sneakers go, I hardly ever wear those so I have no advice to share, sorry.

What do you think of cleats? Cleats are shoes that American football players wear and they have metal spokes that stick out from the bottom of the shoe which temporarily root you to your spot and then help you dig back out again. They are used by Golfer's too. Now if the ice is too solid then they might do more harm than good. But who knows! Cleats may have been developed to get around even solid ice...

Originally posted by tott@Sep 22nd, 2003 - 2:08 pm
OK, I take back that I think I know what the babelfish message meant, I'm just confused...

This winter I might buy some great Prada zip boots (with rubber soles) I've been lusting after for a while. I don't know, I try to fight the urge. I should start saving some money, damnit!

As far as sneakers go, I hardly ever wear those so I have no advice to share, sorry.
actually its not babel fish
(pretty sure they don't have a swedish one anyway..)
its the little swedish skills i have from having family that live/are from there..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eisabeth
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->