Should I buy these shoes for my girl?

wild_whiskey

Reaction score
Noticed they're part of APC's sale and thought I might take better advantage there than buying myself something I probably won't ever wear.

http://www.apc.fr/us/en/fiche_article.php?ref=4CVD0217079F&nextview=1

Let me know your thoughts. I was planning to buy them in red, if I do, so consider that.

I don't really know anything at all about women's shoes, accept that these caught my eye and I kind of like the idea of well-made suede shoes. So please be gentle in your criticisms on my taste.

We have a yay/nay shoe thread where you could get more response ... I say nay to these, the heel is out of date ... and, if you're going to wear red shoes (and yay to the idea of red suede heels! :flower:), you should commit to the idea and they should in no way be boring.

I don't think they're really worth the price..they're kind of plain in my opinion. If you like them, go for it.

fashionista-ta said:
We have a yay/nay shoe thread where you could get more response ... I say nay to these, the heel is out of date ... and, if you're going to wear red shoes (and yay to the idea of red suede heels! :flower:), you should commit to the idea and they should in no way be boring.

I just saw that thread after I had already posted. Sorry for the spam.

And thanks everyone for the responses. The plainness of them doesn't turn me off (judging from what I know of my gf's taste, it wouldnt turn her off either). I'll keep them on consideration. They are a bit pricey...

May I ask, what kind of heel is not out of date? Probably would be nice to know. I often times want to buy gifts for my ladyfriend but am not at all knowledgeable on the trends of women's fashion aside from stuff like "everyone's wearing shorts."

HI WILD WHISKEY >>> shoes very plain, no detail, no cut, they make no statement of any kind. Spend your money elsewhere. You live in the USA or UK? In UK try Kurt Geiger. Here in the US of A try BCBG MAX AZRIA (available in most dept stores) --- try Nordstrom.com even!

Heels not out of date: look at the shoes posted at "post your shoes" thread...

^ We also have shoe trends threads that you could consult. There are all kinds of heels that are current at the moment, but particular types of clunky heels are dated at the moment. I'm surprised those shoes are even for sale as the style appears to be multiple years old.

I agree with fashionista-ta. WW your G/F deserves bettah much bettah. Look around, you'll see. In addition to everything else bad (and yes, WAY OLD) abt the shoes you posted they have -0 sex appeal. You won't even see them worn in Walmart, the epitome of ugmo culture 'sfar as I'm concerned

wild_whiskey said:
Noticed they're part of APC's sale and thought I might take better advantage there than buying myself something I probably won't ever wear.

http://www.apc.fr/us/en/fiche_article.php?ref=4CVD0217079F&nextview=1

Let me know your thoughts. I was planning to buy them in red, if I do, so consider that.

I don't really know anything at all about women's shoes, accept that these caught my eye and I kind of like the idea of well-made suede shoes. So please be gentle in your criticisms on my taste.
One question comes to mind...Do you hate her?

I don't like it, sorry. :( But if you are sure your girl would love it i say go and buy! ^_^

they are kinda cute (Im a sucker for red heels) but too much IMO. For that price Im sure there is something cuter.

Sorry, I don't like them, they look boring....they better be VERY Comfortable for you to buy them.

If I bought them for my girlfriend one of the following would happen:

A: I'd be dumped on the spot.

B: I'd be knocked out by flying clumpy shoes.

Go vintage designer stilettos or go home!

Ben...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you bought me these, I wouldn't be your girl anymore. :lol:

But seriously, I mean, maybe that is her style.
Its not stylish shoes by any means so this is the wrong place to ask.
People will say no for sure on this forum. Sorry

I can't see the shoes. :doh: But personally, I don't like it when people buy clothes for me. What if she doesn't like them?

HMMM. It is clear from the posts being made here that TFS is not inhabited by ugmo walmart types. Why am I not surprised. Wild Whiskey, get thee to the BCBG Max Azria store THIS MINUTE. Or you might take up WhiteShells's advice, and take your G/F with you, let her pick out the shoes for you to buy her. (Personally I'd be charmed when guys ask to buy me great shoes. Too bad it doesn't happen ;-)

See what you started, Wild Whiskey? A WHOLE NEW THREAD with a Monty Python-esque Theme. HaHa. "Should I buy My Girl These Shoes?" ... so look at them and they are......Walmart Wookies

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dolixx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->