Should I buy these shoes for my girl?

i don't see anything wrong with them at all. i'm a sucker for red (goatskin!) suede pumps.

Thanks for the straight up answers. I won't be buying them. I liked em cause they kind of looked Japanese to me (which is no shock since APC makes tons of sales in Nippon), but after I looked at em again I can see what you all mean about the heels being clunky.

My girlfriend really isn't into flashy shoes (the one or two pairs she has she never wears because they attract too much attention), but I'll look at BCBG sometime to see if something there would look good to her. I don't really want to take her shopping, because that defeats the purpose of the surprise (she has absolutely no clue that I randomly decided to buy her a gift), and I'm sure I can find something that she'll like. At least a few times, I've been told by girls (while shopping w/ them) that I have good taste in women's shoes. One even asked me to be her personal shopper. Which is a shame now that my ego has been dented after this thread. :D

all of you people are on crack. i see nothing wrong with the heel, other than the fact that it's a little short. it would look a lot nicer 5" .... :brows: :innocent:

benno said:
If I bought them for my girlfriend one of the following would happen:

A: I'd be dumped on the spot.

B: I'd be knocked out by flying clumpy shoes.

:rofl:

Brian, you surprise me ...

Seriously, all the shoes at my house with heels like this (they were pretty impossible to avoid for awhile there) have gone to Goodwill. Prada was doing a heavy heel for a season or two--no one's doing it anything like that now to my knowledge.

If you want it to be a surprise yet want her input, you could go window shopping and then surprise her with shoes she liked. However, fit is so important with shoes that she really needs to try them on ...

Hi Wild Wiskey do you mind me asking how old your gf is? Not her exact age, but if we know a range, maybe we can help figure out what is 'hot' for a woman her age. If you want help finding the perfect gift!

brian said:
all of you people are on crack. i see nothing wrong with the heel, other than the fact that it's a little short. it would look a lot nicer 5" .... :brows: :innocent:
Brian, I would be the first to say that you have impeccable taste when it comes to shoes. But these are hideous! The heel is so freakish, it's reversely tapered, it gets thicker towards the bottom. Also, it doesn't flatter the shape of the shoe, it is just, super-frump. I think a chunky heel can be as amazing as a cone-heel or setback heel, just here it isn't executed very well.

She's 21. She only wears skinny jeans, wears a lot of cardigans, mostly low-heeled shoes in neutral colors (but she has a couple high heels). She's got pretty dark skin. She's definitely not a fashion-head of any sort, but she dresses well. She likes PAM stuff, and a lot of Japanese brands.

Oh there are so many options for a 21 yr old who loves skinny jeans & japanese style. I think its sweet you want to suprise her with shoes. maybe look for a round toe with a sexier heel. or the cute peep toe flats are really cute with skinny jeans.

if any of you want to see a truly horrendous pump (also available in red!), check out the horror i just posted in the ugliest shoes thread... ^_^

WELL NOW if this hasn't suddenly become THE MOST ACTIVE THREAD!!!

Sorry Brian but --- no, obviously it's somebody else posing as Brian...

Wild Whiskey >>> I suggested BCBG Max Azria because the shoes are quite gorgeous and well made for a price in the $ 90 range. If your G/F likes lower (than 4 inches, say) heels it does NOT --- NOT! -- mean they have to look like leftovers from a Monty Python sketch. There are vdery nice three-inch heel shoes out there, even very nice "kitten heel" shoes. I personally do not wear them, but that's my taste. If I were your G/F I would be very thrilled to receive some wonderful (to me) shoes that I could wear and know that your heart was in them.

So search a little. Charles Davis is another modestly-priced designer (of shoes mostly from Spain or Brazil) whose offerings you might like. Brazilian shoes, by the way, are often very nice, in keeping with that country's sexy fashion reputation, and quite reasonably priced.

Of course you can get with the TFS program and buy the G/F some Lanvins, Louboutins, Louis Vuittons, Pierre Hardy, etc. The cost might be $ 500 to $ 800 but guess who in your life will LOVE you for it ?

fashionista-ta said:
:rofl:

Brian, you surprise me ...

Seriously, all the shoes at my house with heels like this (they were pretty impossible to avoid for awhile there) have gone to Goodwill.

And they accepted them???????????????? EEEEEEEK

deedee49 said:
ooops I typo'd. It's CHARLES DAVID not charles davis
-

yeah-- He makes cute shoes- also try Victorias secret for a cheaper cute alternative

Now that I'm able to see the shoes, I don't think they're bad at all either. Why are they so horrible? I mean, I don't think I'd buy them, but they're not really bad. It's just the fact that they're suede that irks me a little.

the shoe is okay.... it's just not particularly fashionable or stylish.
i'd go with the other suggestions such as charles david, or flats which would be amazing with skinny jeans!

Victoria's Secret is a good suggestion for cheap chic. But "Colin Stuart"'s shoes -- thats the name VC sells them under -- are all constructed of man made materials. Charles David and BCBG shoes are made of leather.

This shoe is not that bad! True, they are not trendy at all now. But trends come and go so much, who cares? Just wear what you like. If this guy's girlfriend likes that, he should buy it for her. Geez. It's not "old lady". With the right sort of jeans or dress, it would not look so bad. I'm not saying I would wear them (I don't usually wear heels, period), but I certainly would not have anything against someone I saw on the street or a friend wearing them. I will LMAO when this style of heel comes back in (as all trends do) and people are putting themselves on Barneys waiting lists to get them. A true fashionista does not follow a trend, but wears what she likes and sets her own.

Last edited by a moderator:
CTstyle said:
This shoe is not that bad! True, they are not trendy at all now. But trends come and go so much, who cares? I will LMAO when this style of heel comes back in (as all trends do) and people are putting themselves on Barneys waiting lists to get them. A true fashionista does not follow a trend, but wears what she likes and sets her own.

I didn't like chunky heels when they were trendy before, in the 90's and I won't like them when they come back in. And Round toes ARE trendy right now, but I still prefer pointy for heels, or squarish for flats.

and I think they do look "Old lady"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dolixx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->