Sia

ChrissyM

girl who fell to earth
Reaction score
I did a search and physically looked but it's possible I may have missed it if she has a thread already...
(the whole 3 letter word thing is apparently too much for tfs's search function to handle :doh:)

anyway....

here is a bio from starpulse.com:
Sia (full name Sia Furler) hails from the famously laid-back Australian city of Adelaide. Boasting a powerful, soulful voice, she worked the Adelaide jazz circuit during the '90s as a vocalist for the band Crisp. However, the blonde, blue-eyed antipodean's big break came only after she followed in the footsteps of many other Aussie artists and hopped on a plane to the U.K. While in London, Sia landed a gig as a backup singer for the very popular and extremely hip English outfit Jamiroquai. In early 2000, she released her first solo single, the alternative pop tune "Taken for Granted," which debuted at number ten on the busy U.K. singles chart.

Soon after, a string of big names in the British music scene asked for Sia's services; projects with Massive Attack, Zero 7, and William Orbit ensued. In mid-2001, Sia once again made a splash on the U.K. singles chart with the moody offering "Drink to Get Drunk," a track that would appear on her 2002 full-length debut, Healing Is Difficult. Ironically, it was only after her considerable success abroad that she began to make a real impact down under. Colour the Small One appeared a year later. The track "Breathe Me" from the album gained attention when it was used in the elaborate final scene of the Six Feet Under series that aired in 2005. After a successful 2006 tour, as well as more appearances on Zero 7's album Garden, Sia issued the live album Lady Croissant, which also included the new studio song "Pictures." In 2008 she released Some People Have Real Problems, her fourth studio album. David Peter Wesolowski, All Music Guide

Her current album, Some People Have Real Problems, has a lot of great stuff on it...

I don't have the whole album (just a bunch of songs I bought off itunes) but I feel like I will eventually have the whole thing...

She recently came out with the video for the single "Soon We'll Be Found"...
and again, it's really cool and different..

she's not afraid to have fun and be quirky with her videos..

from siamusic.com:
this is the incredibly gorgeous video for sia's single, soon we'll be found.. it portrays the beauty of communication through sign language. The track is the third single from her album some people have REAL problems. “i’ve always been obsessed with the beauty of sign language. the movement and expression just appears, to ignorant-hearing-me as a dance… a beautiful, emotive dance. but the real beauty is that, hidden in these perfect shapes, is communication.” sia.

:heart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNqb17aR3Nc
youtube

oh im so happy i saw this thread, i LOVE sia shes so amazing, ive seen her live twice, once with zero 7 and once on her own tour. She is so much fun to watch live such an amazing personality. i love love love her

i'm so jealous you got to see her live! :woot:

i wanted to see her when she was in boston at a sort of small venue at some point last year but i had a conflict :doh:

crossing my fingers that she'll come back at some point...

Sia has a wonderful voice, love the music Destiny:heart:

a few weeks ago i bought the rest of "Some People Have Real Problems" on itunes and i have been LOVING it :wub:

i highly recommend it for any of you Sia fans :flower:

Academia is an unexpectedly great song i think...

Some of the lyrics:

You’re a difficult equation with a knack for heart evasion
Will you listen to my proof or will you add another page on
It appears to me the graph has come and stolen all the laughs
It appears to me the pen has over analyzed again
And if I am a number I’m infinity plus one
And if you are five words you are afraid to be the one
And if you are a number you’re infinity plus one
And if I am four words then I am needing of your love

they make more sense with the rhythm and heard in the entirety of the song :heart:

Sia is one of my favourite artists, I really enjoy listening to Some People Have a Real Problems :smile:
1x1t.gif

Sia needs to write Beyonce's next album. It would be EPIC.

apparently she's collaborating with christina aguilera on christina's new album...

i love her voice. i listen to 'breathe me' whenever i'm really stressed out and just need to relax. oh and i would love love love for her to colab with christina aguilera, that would be amazing.

she is absolutely amazing.. i still remember when i was young and she had a song called ' i drink to get drunk'

if anyone's in Australia, she's touring there this month ^_^

from her blog... siamusic.net/blog
  • she is my new best friend
    i arrived on a sunday night and fell into bed.
    monday morning i discovered it was colder than i had anticipated,and shorts and shirt dresses weren't going to cut it.As the rain seeped into my converse chucks,i made a note to refer to them as 'sandals' in the future.
    sam (dixon) and i spent the day discussing valentines,and trying not to buy anything at all,because 'there is a recession,you know'.
    we were officially on call.
    to miss christina aguilera.
    HOW FUN.
    the week turned out 4 beautiful songs,four new mates,several new dog loves,fine dining,followed by super mario,apples to apples and a game of pool.
    i lost unwaiveringly.
    gratefully,i'm a demon at scrabble,and i've challenged her to a tournament.
    i can never be a better singer than her,but i sure can hope to get the word 'hexagons' on a triple word score,you feel me?
    i definitely pooped my pants when she first sang out loud in the room with us.
    little prickles stood up all over me,and marched first up,then down,then up again.
    when i heard 'beautiful' in david's car for the first time,i remember thinking,this is the best song i can remember hearing maybe ever,who is it?
    it didn't surprise me at all when he said 'christina aguilera',but it does surprise me that just a few years later,i find myself collaborating with the voice that brought that song to life.
    i love her.
    she's a nice person.
    a good person.
    an awesome mama.
    an incredible talent.
    incredibly professional.
    a feminist.
    a rad role model for women who want to believe we can have it all,do it all.
    and we share the same birthday which means, according to the playground rules i like to live by, xtina and i are in grade 1 at school,and she is my new best friend.

This amazing lady deserves more traffic to this thread! I'm shocked!

Oh, Sia, how I :heart: you.

I love her music but there are some great remix of her songs too... Like "Clap" by Diplo or "Breathe" by Mylo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zendayacomz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->