Sies Marjan F/W 2018.19 New York

I absolutely love Sander's draping skills. The sweaters are very poetic, the pleated looks are incredible, the color palette is divine. I also like his take on the chiffon-wrapped dresses which look much less constricting than what Ford did last season, for example.

The downside for me are the bias-cut dresses in shiny fabrics which could have come out of an uninspired McQueen show in the mid-aughts and the unnecessary menswear looks. I get that he wants to expand into menswear but I don't think he has anything to say yet.

Oh the colors! The fabrics! :heart::heart::heart: It's so luscious and effortlessly sophisticated.

The colours are impeccable! And I see that there's a holographic-esque metallic coat, could it be a precursor to a new trend started by Galliano from his artisanal couture show? I hope so.

This is seriously giving me life, its beautiful!

Major crush on this collection! The color palette is sublime. Everything looks very delicate, thoughtful, yet effortless.

I'm a huge sucker for ombré, so I love this a lot. The menswear seems like an afterthought and there are a few questionable choices of fabric, but it's still gorgeous to look at. The closing dress is magnificent.

Flawless color palette and the colors of the set really gives a romantic feel to it!
The last dressn the chunky fake furs and that off pink patent coat with a matching bag are flawless.

Now we're talking. I've lost my faith on him but GOD, THIS IS SUPERB. I want to buy everything. If you look the details is even better. The color palette is incredible, he has such a great taste in fabrics. I want to know who is the stylist now because it has changed a lot.

This is beyond beautiful. Absolutely love everything about this collection.

Sies Marjan is becoming (or already is) the highlight of NYFW.

Great colors, and that metallic trench is getting a lot of buzz!

his understanding of colors is really good. And he has the talent to back it up. That dressing dress is so gorgeous in the most effortless way.

My favorite showing from him yet, that trench on Mali Koopman is beautiful! And I'm loving the ombré effect all around.

I can take or leave the menswear but its nice to see him expand.

Not convinced on the menswear (yet) - too close to Lemaire.

That being said, BEST collection of NYFW so far.

Breakout collection of NYC. Sander Lak established Sies Marjan as international power player sure to influence others in the times to come.

This was definitely the best NYC show for me, the palette, the shapes, the wearability , futuristic but louche and glamorous.

The colours. The colours. The colours. :heart: Superb collection. I want every single look from the menswear. This guy really has the talent.

I've always liked his collection and this is my favorite so far. I'm not familiar with how they're doing sales wise, but I hope it's going well. I really wanna see what more he can produce.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Absinthe02
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->