Simone Rocha F/W 2017.18 London

Finish.

VOGUE.COM

Absolutely stunning!!! Her best collection to date!! Her silhouettes are amazing, the textures are sublime and luxurious, and the cast was top-notch! I lobe everything about this show, down to tne tiniest detail!!

The hype is completely lost on me. This is a pretty derivitive collection - I see Marc Jacobs' Spring 2015 collection, I see Miu Miu's Spring 2016 collection and I see Prada's Spring 2013 collection.

I like most of the coats and the furs, but the prints are too twee and the cuts are repetitive. It's got some good pieces but it's boring for the most part.

she does the same thing over and over, i feel like i have seen it all and i don't usually mind that with her but this is really unflattering a lot of it :(

she does the same thing over and over, i feel like i have seen it all and i don't usually mind that with her but this is really unflattering a lot of it :(

Not according to WWD: "This season, she dialed down the dreaminess and marched into new territory" :lol:

I was on The Out Net the other day and all her old collections were on sale and they basically look the same here. She has become a one-trick pony here. Changed the fabric and, voila, new collection ready.

WHAT A CAST!
The collection itself is good. All the pieces are desirable so far and it looks well made. She could have edit it because it's very repetitive.
I've said it many times but what i love about her clothes is how versatile they are and the cast of more grown-up and older women really works in it favor.

But, it is true that it's always a little bit of the same thing over and over again. It's clever from a business point of view and because it kinda establish a Simone Rocha language but, it raise a bigger issue in LFW. All those young have a signature based on their earlier collection (Marques Almeida for example) and it's sometimes hard to imagine what they can do next when they already have such a limited vocabulary.

The fake fur is maybe the only new thing in this collection because from the scuba materials, the printed floral stuff and the sheer layering...It's all deja vu.

Beautiful collection though..

I watched the livestream but stopped after a few looks because it was so boring

i think everything she does is amazing!...:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->