Simone Rocha S/S 2021 London

Who is the woman she designs for...Annabelle?

886d3e30be5dfee0b402466e8fd6af42.gif

font pinterest

The platform shoes are hideous (some velvet mary janes would have been perfect) but there are some seriously beautiful things here:

Hannah Motler's translucent coat, that navy coat with delicate pearl embroidery in the neck and pockets. The whole of look 20 is a dream.

The pearl bags are ingenious and work well with the clothes, they add a layer of storytelling. To me it looked as if the girls were fairies picking up pearls from the sea to adorn themselves.

Loved seeing Tanya Reynolds modelling.

absolutely gorgeous. it instantly reminded me of the Velasquez painting ‘Las Meninas’.

The pearl bags are ingenious and work well with the clothes, they add a layer of storytelling. To me it looked as if the girls were fairies picking up pearls from the sea to adorn themselves.

beautiful description :flower:

I'll never tire of Simone's aesthetic, it's just so enchanting. This is another great collection but my only issue is the casting, it's not strong enough for her clothes.

I don't want to sound flippant or disrespectful and some of this is beautiful to look at but I have no idea when I would actually wear any of it. Who buys this ? And for which occasion? Can someone explain? I'm honestly just curious, this is not shade

Somebody has been looking at the Comme Des Garçons section of Vogue.com during quarantine....:innocent::innocent:

It’s good tho.
She's always been heavily inspired by Rei's work and is always the first person to admit it. But I think what sets her apart from, say, Victoria Beckham shamelessly ripping off Phoebe Philo still to this day, is that she always injects her own personality into the clothes. But that's just my opinion.

@donyan - I'm not entirely sure who buys her clothes but surely the accessories sell well? If I had the money, I would buy her clothes! (Plus she, like all designers, also sells accessible and more wearable clothing.)

I feel like she is at least is partly the reason why headbands came back into fashion again? There are so many rip-offs of her pearl accented ones. I'm not sure where you're from but this aesthetic is popular in London.

She's always been heavily inspired by Rei's work and is always the first person to admit it. But I think what sets her apart from, say, Victoria Beckham shamelessly ripping off Phoebe Philo still to this day, is that she always injects her own personality into the clothes. But that's just my opinion.

This is actually the first time that beyond the influences, i see direct references from specific collections. I think before it was more subtle but maybe she is in a transition where she is evolving as a designer and at the same time, she is evolving her aesthetic language.

I always said it, I don’t mind copies but I feel like this time, it looks like diluted CDG mixed with whatever..
And I think the CDG looks are actually the more achieved and desirable looks. The rest looks like a « play around with fabrics » situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"