Sofia Coppola

Recent candids..:flower:

10fq976.jpg

11av05y.jpg

k1tmqf.jpg

i_heart_sofia

And her new movie sounds great, Ellel Fanning is too cute and maybe the movie will do Stephen Dorff's career what it did to Bill Murray's..

Yeah, initially I thought "Stephen Dorff?", but then I realised anything is possible and who knows?

oh i can't wait! :smile: i never knew about this but it sounds really interesting

Yeah, initially I thought "Stephen Dorff?", but then I realised anything is possible and who knows?
If you were chocked by Stephen, wait for this one: :lol:

Jackass star joins Sofia Coppola pic

Jackass daredevil and all-round mentalist Chris Pontius has joined the cast of Sofia Coppola's Somewhere, a comedy/drama set in West Hollywood's Marmont hotel.

Pontius will play Sammy, best friend of Stephen Dorff's hell-raising actor who re-evaluates his life after a surprise visit from his 11 year-old daughter (Benjamin Button's Elle Fanning). We can only speculate, but with his Jackass track-record and a nickname like 'Party Boy', we'd expect Pontius' character to be more likely to represent the lure of booze, drugs and having your **** bitten by baby crocodiles than the forces of abstinence and responsibility.

On the face of it, it's a quirky bit of casting, although the common dominator is Coppola's ex, Spike Jonze, who was co-creator of Jackass and producer on Jackass: The Movie. Unless Coppola was a big fan of Pontius' turn as 'Irish Henchman' in Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle.

Filming on Somewhere is due to start in June and will take place on location in the Marmont. With the man known as 'Pontius the Barbarian' checking in, staff may want to think about strapping down the plasma TVs.

Can't remember seeing these...

From when she was pregnant in 2006:
post_image-60907y1_coppola_s_b_gr_0.jpg

01sofia_coppola-1.jpg

bauergriffinonline.com

Last edited by a moderator:
she has a very good looking and talented partner *sigh* :blush:

thanks for those, i remember she had great maternity style. :flower:

i don't mind "jackass star" - remeber LiT Anna's role - if anybody whould tell me bofore watching that Anna Faris is in it i would just say blah... but hey it kind of works so ... let pray for Sofia genius , plus if she choose him it must be for some reason.

yeah true :P it is so good to hear new news though :clap:

i love that polaroid of her on the previous page

It´s listed as in pre-production at IMDB. I didn´t see Lance Acord listed anywhere though. I really like his cinematography. Harris Savides is doing it for "Somewhere". I looked at his other work, and apparently he has been working with Michel Gondry (Like A Rolling stone-video for the Rolling Stones), on Madonnas "Rain", "Milk", "American Gangster", "Last Days", "Elephant" and "Margot at the wedding" amongst others.
I´m really excited! It´s been a while since Marie Antoinette came out, and it´s hard to know what to expect when you hear which actors are going to be in this film.
Chris Pontius was the biggest surprise though.

I remember reading something about The Veronicas as well, so I googled it and found some links. Nothing confirmed though. http://www.zimbio.com/Jess+Origliasso/articles/29/Veronicas+Rumoured+Screen+Leap

Well, I´m happy because this probably means there will be more Sofia-pictures out in magazines and the internet. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dolixx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->