Sofia Coppola's SOMEWHERE

KoV

Reaction score
somewhere-movie-poster.jpg

seat42f.com

Johnny Marco (Stephen Dorff) is a bad-boy A-List actor stumbling through a life of excess while living at Hollywood’s legendary Chateau Marmont Hotel. His days are a haze of drinks, girls, fast cars and fawning fans. Cocooned in this celebrity-induced artificial world, Johnny has lost all sense of his true self. Until, that is, his 11-year-old daughter Cleo (Elle Fanning) unexpectedly shows up and unwittingly begins to anchor him.

The movie opens on December 22nd in the United states. It's in competition at the Venice Film Festival this September.

Here's a link to the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvSspY7WU10

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too. I'm such a big fan of her work so I'm definitely looking forward :heart:

I'm not such a big Sofia Coppola fan and the story doesn't really interest me but I know I'll definitely be watching this.. the photography, and all the other 'candies' keep dragging me to her work.. I just hope she didn't abuse them here like she did in Marie Antoinette and focused a bit on presenting a more soulful story.

Me too. So excited for this movie. I've always been a Stephen Dorff fan.

I am so looking forward to this movie
I'm so glad there is a Sofia in the world to make things so exactly to my tastes ^_^

I love Sofia's movies so can't wait for this one. I don't know when will it be released here in Argentina. Hope not so much later than in the US but who knows here?

I'm so glad there is a Sofia in the world to make things so exactly to my tastes ^_^

This is exactly how I feel. It's as if she reads my mind and puts everything I could want in a film into her films. I know it sounds cheesy, but she's like my female celebrity counterpart. I am her in a parallel life. lol

There are Erin Wasson, Lauren Hastings and CC Sheffield
So excited to see them there!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Sofia's movies so can't wait for this one. I don't know when will it be released here in Argentina. Hope not so much later than in the US but who knows here?

I'm not sure about Argentina. Here's the release dates that have been announced so far.

Finland - 3 September 2010
Italy - 3 September 2010
Germany - 11 November 2010
Greece - 22 December 2010
USA - 22 December 2010
Russia - 23 December 2010
Norway - 26 December 2010
UK - 4 March 2011

Thanks, KINGofVERSAILLES. I guess i gotta wait to know.

never like any of her works:ermm:...i hope this film is character driven rather than ennui

I'm not such a big Sofia Coppola fan and the story doesn't really interest me but I know I'll definitely be watching this.. the photography, and all the other 'candies' keep dragging me to her work.. I just hope she didn't abuse them here like she did in Marie Antoinette and focused a bit on presenting a more soulful story.

exactly what I was going to say :wink:

Can't wait for this one. I've become a fan of her aesthetic :heart: I like the slow paced feeling of the trailer, kinda reminds me to Lost In Translation which is simple in story but has an incredible emotional depth.

Oh, and Elle Fanning looks so beautiful here.

Has anyone else seen this yet? I LOVED it.

I really enjoyed it. I thought it was different from all her films. I didn't mind that it was slow paced like others did (Sofia's films aren't for everyone). The guy is so fricken lonely he really doesn't know what he's doing. The plaster caster scene was especially interesting. It got me thinking about his situation while the camera moved in. I've read references to Heath Ledger for Johnny and there maybe something to it. I also liked that she showed what LA really looks like. It's not that pretty. I swear they photoshop it on the entertainment news shows.

Stephen and Elle were great. Stephen is so underrated (this is the guy that Leo admits to being jealous of). The one thing that surprised me was how much pop music was in it. I was expecting it to be all indie stuff from Phoenix. I also kept on saying in my head "It's Erin, It's Angela, what's her name, It's Jessica, It's Nicole". WTF at all these models lol. Oh and the Twilight bit was funny. I was the only one who giggled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->