Sophia Dishaw

She is with Priscillas in Australia.
Below is an interview with Tangent Magazine

Sophia-3-1024x716.jpg
Sophia-2-685x1024.jpg
sophiafeature.jpg

Model Talk: Zanita Whittington Interviews Sophia Dishaw

For a girl with great potential beginning a new career in the modelling industry can be a whirlwind experience. So many young girls I’ve met in my working years the industry are wise beyond their meager years by necessity, thrown in work assignments with different creative teams, being prepared for international travel at the drop of a hat, posing for a photographer with a strong feminine confidence and ease. Being a model requires flexibility and professionalism, whether it be arriving on set at 5am in the freezing cold or working a 16 hour day. It’s certainly not the role for every girl who walks through the doors of a modelling agency.

Petite 18 year old Sophia Dishaw has the air of a woman who can handle any situation confronting her, having arrived in Australia just weeks ago, away from everyone she know and cares about, Sophia is upbeat and keen to work. Having practiced ballet from the tender age of 4, Sophia’s lithe lines caught the eye of photographer friend Jennifer Dickinson who sent her pictures into the worldwide agency Elite, placing her on the books and working within weeks.
While fashion models may share similar bodytypes, its unfair to stereotype their personalities because the girls are simply so diverse, hailing for four corners of the globe, Sophia is representing Vancouver Island, Canada. Its interesting to learn about where a girl might be, if she weren’t caught up in the world of fashion.
“I absolutely love children, so I think if I wasn’t doing this right now, I would be studying at University back home in Canada to become a kindergarten teacher like my mother.I don’t think I will ever feel I’ve had enough of working as a model though. I really hope that I can pursue this as long as possible, but if I ever do feel that in the end, it wasn’t the right path for me, then like I said, working with children is another big dream of mine.”
With much scandal in the media lately about the tender age of the girls trotting the globe on modelling assignments there’s much contention as to the benefits of girls starting out so young.
“I’m glad that I finished high school before I began my career, otherwise it might have been a struggle to balance school and work. I think that girls should only start working young if they have the support of their parents, and are working hard to keep up their grades in school. The upside of beginning early would be that you get to travel the world, meet people and experience so many new things that most young girls can only dream of. The downside is being away from your family and friends for so long, and being put under so much pressure and criticism that I’m sure lots of girls can’t handle at such a young age.”

Sophia’s family in Canada are about as far away from Australia as they could possibly be.
“In the beginning I found it really difficult being away from my family and friends for months at a time, but after a while it gets easier. Now I understand, that if I really want to be the best at my job, there are sacrifices I will have to make. I’m incredibly lucky because I have so much support from all of my family and friends. My parents are the two most loving people I know and tell me they’re proud of me every single day.”
There are so many aspects of being a model that are indeed glamourous and exciting, with working opportunities in exotic locations, chic party invites and fabulous transformations using styling, hair and make-up. Sophia gushes over the perks of the job.
“I love getting to play a character and express myself in front of the camera. I find it so exciting. I also love being able to travel to new places and meeting such wonderful, creative and talented people every single day. And of course I love wearing all of the beautiful clothes!”
From personal experience I’d say that one of the most painful things about being a model is never having the liberty of getting to make your own plans, being on call at nearly all times for work. Its helpful for girls to have guideline about the direction their careers will go as a means for preventing getting swept up and forgotten. Girls who continually move from city to city, occasionally changing their look or updating their portfolios can better maintain consistent work – other than this, you can never know what to expect.
“Plans can change at a moment’s notice. In this career you never really know what’s going to happen next. So I guess I can only say that I have many dreams and aspirations regarding my career. I hope to improve and grow as a model and to be a very successful some day. I hope that I can have a long and happy career.”
Sophia certainly has the right attitude and a great look for a fresh face in a new city – heres hoping she becomes the success story she’s looking to be.

Photography and Interview: Zanita Whittington.
Styling: Rhiannon Bulley
tangentmag.com

Look whom I spotted - it IS Sophia right? :wub:

Felder Felder ss 11 London
source: elle.uk.com

She's in an editorial for Velvet Italy March 2011.

Her name is incredible, doesn't look real to me, "Sophia Dishaw", like it was created to be the next popstar ah ah I don't know how to explain.

Thanks for the info, Papillote! Does anyone got the pictures of the Velvet editorial?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->