Sparklehorse

MulletProof

Reaction score
the much anticipated thread has arrived. :P

I thought it was common sense to start one since the new album is coming out...and then to have new converts. :magic:

farmphoto.jpg

sparklehorse.org

:bounce:
from sparklehorse.org

While some of the new tracks were made by Mark solely in the Static King, others feature the talents of long-time collaborators Johnny Hott, Sophie Michalitsianos, Stephen Drodz, and Dave Fridmann, as well as new friends Christian Fennesz and Dangermouse. The new album will also include a previously unreleased track with Tom Waits on piano from the 'It's a Wonderful Life' sessions. Additional mixing to that done at Static King was made at Butch Vig's Smart Studios in Madison, Wisconsin with Dangermouse, and engineered there by Alan Weatherhead and Beau Sorenson.

saint of barges
queen of nails
sparkling drumsets
and murders of crows

metal teeth of
carousels
lighting cigars on
electric chairs

buildings are rooks
nature's a vice
rattle of diesels
snakes eating their own tails

pavement2.jpg

from sparklehorse.org

artwork by Gariné Torossian
sparklehorsegarine.jpg

(canyoncinema.com)

I know nothing about Sparklehorse, just that I'm stunned it took this long before you created a thread :shock: :lol: I could've sworn we've had one for ages, or was that Xiu Xiu? Are they related, by chance? :P

they're not related- except through mulletproof..and some others. -_- :P

'Dreamt For Lightyears In The Belly Of A Mountain'

Don't Take My Sunshine Away
Getting It Wrong
Shade And Honey
See The Light
Return To Me
Some Sweet Day
Ghost In The Sky
Mountains
Morning Hollow
Knives Of Summertime
It's Not So Hard
Dreamt For Lightyears In The Belly Of A Mountain

out September 26.

cant wait till it gets leaked. :innocent: :doh:

Oh, wow! I cannot wait for the next album. Sparklehorse is one of my absolute favorite bands, their music is so beautiful. Thanks for posting the tracklisting!

I've never heard about this band, but...

Dave Fridmann...

as in Dave Fridmann producer for The Flaming Lips??? :woot:

oh i love love love having albums to look forward to! for so long it was the new thom yorke, but now that that's out, i've had to choose another to be excited about. this is it. :D

me too. I've been waiting for this album for a very long time- i've probably spent an entire year visiting the website regularly and waiting for a stupid update. :lol: :doh:

I was reading a Metric article in a magazine earlier, and Emily Haines mentionned how much she loved Sparklehorse. :smile:

Good taste! I really love the new track, I wish I was going to see them at Austin City Limits. I can't wait to hear the new songs.

i've only heard come on in..but its so beautiful i think
what other songs do you guys recommend?

The album got leaked a couple days ago, I've been hearing it all day (and slept at the sound of it last night :wub: ), i think it's beautiful and...just brilliant, but the fact that tom waits is only appearing in the piano, and that 3 tracks are not new...it's getting on some people nerves, I've read terrible reviews about it. why did they expect, mark going mambo? :doh: . :hardhead:

city girl said:
i've only heard come on in..but its so beautiful i think
what other songs do you guys recommend?

saint mary
eyepennis
cow
dog door
apple bed
all night home
heart of darkness
babies on the sun...

..bleh, i dont know...I think anything can be a good start. ^_^