Stephan Schneider fw05.06

Kind of cool.... Very luxurious. I don't like the pants in the second picture though.... :blink:

Kuran, just have a look at this season´s official menswear schedule at www.modeaparis.com, it´s also up on TFS... I guess there won´t be any pictures online so far, that´s simply because Stephan is not getting a lot of press... sad!

Oh I love those first two new womenswear looks you posted, it's real hard to throw a trench over a baggy top and pants like those.

Can you talk a little bit about the brochure itself? It looks like each look is presented on its own page, with a blank page on the opposite side of most. But some of the opposite pages seem to have a pattern. Anything special?

It is as you described, a glossy, thick small white book with pictures on the right page, and blank space on the other page... some photos cover the two pages. Nothing special really, but very nice. The cool thing is that the backgrounds are all 'typical' Flemish (Belgian) rooms, he's playing around with kitsch and what we perceive as 'common' and 'boring'. Like he did with his last catwalk in that supermarket... that one had a cool 'booklet' which copied the design of a supermarket leaflet.

Its a terrible shame that he isn't getting any press... surely this is great enough to be noticed? Only Japan seems to recognize him, and even there he had to close his Harajuku store.

the reason he doesn´t get any press is because he is not working with a big press office - I´ve been talking with him about this matter several times and he told me he payed his former (british) agent quite a good amount every month just to find a single piece incorporated in some editorial shot for i-D every once in a while. that - of course - doesn´t pay off for a small designer.

I like this A LOT. Wonder where this can be obtained...?

Where do you live? In America there is a store that sells a small part of his collection in New York. ... should be no problem to find in Europe and Japan, I think.

trico, you own a SS reseller? Do you know any of the pricing on the fall/winter line?
I'd love to know how much this jacket will be..http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70166

Probably around the 400€ mark?

well I don´t have the list with me but it should be about the same price as last season´s tweed jackets... I liked this fabric so much, I ordered myself a coat in this fabric but in the cream :wub::wub::wub:

HAHA, I live in the middle of nowhere in Washington State, USA (Ellensburg for specifics)... I'm curious about the general pricing too...

The pricing is pretty reasonable, I only know them in Stephan's own boutique in Antwerp though. So possibly this could be more expensive in other stores.. I recently bought a pair of trousers there for 220€, with 30% off... so it was like 170€, a jacket is usually around the 300/400€ mark. Shirts around 100/200€...

Anual stocksales have crazy prices, every piece of clothing in the warehouse is labelled with a color tag. Every color has its price, there are four or five colors. It goes from 25€ up til 125€ max. So you get crazy deals and can get beautiful jackets for like 75€.... I love stocksales! I'll be the first in line next november!

I have a barely minimum wage job at 1000€ a month so I'm on a pretty tight budget, pretty dumb/scary of me to spend this kind of monies on clothes then…*but... I guess I'm a victim. :x

If accurate for this season, those are incredible price points... ($260 for a pair of pants? $500 for a jacket? SOLD!) Is there any way to contact the boutique? I'm really feeling this guy's work.

kuran said:
Anual stocksales have crazy prices, every piece of clothing in the warehouse is labelled with a color tag. Every color has its price, there are four or five colors. It goes from 25€ up til 125€ max. So you get crazy deals and can get beautiful jackets for like 75€.... I love stocksales! I'll be the first in line next november!
Wow, that sounds wonderful. Happy birthday, by the way. :flower:

jhaime, I think Selfridges buys into it, at least that´s what I understood from what his assistant told me...

They have it at Selfridges and B Store in London.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crinklechiffon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->