Stephanie Schneider Jewelry

laika

botanizing on the asphalt
Reaction score
From the JC Report 22, January 2009:

You'd think that creating both the men's and women's collections for an up-and-coming label would leave anyone more than satisfied, but Kostas Murkudis' designer Stephanie Schneider has creativity to spare. The inexhaustible Berlin-based fashionista says she launched her own jewelry line in 2006 as a way to "explore my passion in another medium."

Schneider's textile background is apparent in each of her pieces, which mix materials from mohair to PVC and linen with traditional jeweler's metals. "I was always very into traditional handcraft techniques such as crochet, knitting and embroidery," she explains. "But it is very difficult to explore all the amazing things you can do with them if you don't work with a couture house, because they are just too expensive to produce."

Instead, Schneider experiments with these materials on a smaller scale, creating bodies of work such as her latest "Collection 5," which featured pieces comprised of seven silver chains sewn together with mohair. The use of numerical references is an important theme in Schneider's work—her lucky number, 17, appears everywhere from her design to her website. "It is a number that kind of encompasses everything," she explains. "You have 7 days a week, from 1 to 7, and then it starts again. And if you add the two numbers it is an 8, which, when you turn it, becomes eternity."

Considering the timelessness of Schneider's work, the association with eternity is appropriate. "It's nice to think I can go on with my work forever," she adds—and we agree.

For more information, see www.stephanieschneider.de.

—Erin Magner

Last edited by a moderator:
{all images from stephanieschneider.de}

Collection 1
glass, linen, silver

01011539928.jpg

01031560474.jpg

01041575703.jpg

01071599323.jpg

Collection 2
silver, gold, brass

02081394950.jpg

02091411674.jpg

02071423781.jpg

adore the contrasts between the more natural and man-made and how she's able to intertwine it all. it's really refreshing. for me right up there ninh wysocan and arielle de pinto :heart:

thanks laika ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
that first one is really stunning:woot:

it's all very nice but I'm a bit freaked out by the use of mohair though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->