Stina Wirsen - Illustrator

Estella*

a dim capacity for wings
Reaction score
just discovered this amazing illustrator through letterstomarcjacobs.blogspot.com

all pictures from
http://www.stinawirsen.com/
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Education
Preparatory Art School, Stockholm 1985-86 Konstfack, Stockholm Art College, Masters in Graphic Design and Illustration 1988-92.

[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica] [/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Professional assignments
Dagens Nyheter, leading daily newspaper with a national circulation of 390.000. Head of Illustrations Department since 1997. Illustrator at the newspaper for eight years. Responsible for establishing the department. Currently on leave of absence to work for a broader range of clients.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]

Awards
Stina has won many awards for her illustrations. Among them are nomberous Awards of Exellence, Silver and Gold medals from The Society of Newspaper Design between 1997- 2001. Another pestigios award was presented to Stina in 1999 from the Society of Scandinavian Illustrators, an honor bestowed on one artist every three years. In November of 2000 she received a prestigious award for distinctive Swedish children�s books, the Elsa Beskow Award, given yearly to one illustrator of children�s books.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica] [/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Clients
Dagens Nyheter, IKEA, Telia, Food & Wine Magazine, Dwell Magazine, Seventeen Magazine, Nordtedts, Bonniers, Ytterborn & Fuentes, Brindfors
[/FONT]​

Attachments

• mr33.jpg
    mr33.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 8
  • f1.jpg
    f1.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 4
  • f3.jpg
    f3.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 3
  • f7.jpg
    f7.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 5
  • f4.jpg
    f4.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
i am in a hurry and can't post more right now but let me just say that i haven't been so excited about fashion illustration in ages:woot::heart:

Attachments

• f16.jpg
    f16.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 5
a few more, because i'm still excited:P

Attachments

• f22.jpg
    f22.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 4
  • f18.jpg
    f18.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 3
  • f20.jpg
    f20.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 2
WOW!!! I really like her illustrations...thanks estelle mare for your discovery!!! it looks like she uses watercolor.

Thanks again!

How cool, thanks for showing the artworks! Vain to say it's so cool she and I have similar styles in illustration. I'm going to plod through her website now. ^^

the first few remind me of the drawings i did in studio art when my teacher instructed us to draw without looking at the page or lifting the pencil.. stina's drawings look much better of course :P

i think she uses the watercolors to great effect...
the details such as the cigarette smoke in the first image and the mask in post #5 are quite beautiful :heart:

this is great, thank you estella:P
i love the textural/collage pieces

looks like she does children's books too
bokWirsen.jpg

hem.passagen.se

Wow. And I was just to post something about how fashion illustration does next to nothing for me right now. Thank you so much, her work is lovely ^_^:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jader
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->