Stylist L'Wren Scott launches clothing line

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
L'Wren Scott's stylish secret

By Suzy Menkes International Herald Tribune

Published: October 8, 2006

She is dark, dramatically tall, with an impish smile, a famous partner and great personal style.
But when L'Wren Scott staged a caviar-and-blinis lunch at an art gallery on Sunday, no one was expecting that the stylist to stars from Jennifer Lopez to Sharon Stone would serve up an 18-piece collection.
Secretly, over the last six months, without playing up her Hollywood connections or her relationship with Mick Jagger, Scott has parlayed into fashion the skills she honed while working with the photographer Herb Ritts, creating advertising campaigns for Donna Karan and Calvin Klein and designing the 2000 Oscar ceremony.
"I've always designed for myself," said Scott. And the early passage of little black dresses with details such as a flirty fan at the hem looked suited to her own beanpole silhouette.
Other intriguing clothes included a sweeping long coat with a half belt at the back and tiny iridescent buttons. Then pale colors and light fabrics moved the line effortlessly from winter through summer.
The verdict of Julie Gilhart, Barney's sharp-eyed design director: "We're buying it.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/10/08/reports/rscott09.php

What does Julie Gilhart not buy? In merchandising terms it's interesting, but it seems to me if anything is hyped, she buys it. Anyway, I would like to see pics before dismissing it though I can't say creating a line of clothing specifically tailored for the tall and slim is a niche that needs filling.

i agree with Meg.
i read about her launch but somehow it doesnt appeal to me. the woman doesnt appeal to me ...
i am really intrigued as to what it will look like.
thanks soft for posting

leyla m. said:
i agree with Meg.
i read about her launch but somehow it doesnt appeal to me. the woman doesnt appeal to me ...
i am really intrigued as to what it will look like.
thanks soft for posting

I agree with Meg & Leyla

I'll would like to see it but the idea somehow doesn't appeal to me as well, and sincerely the approach Suzi uses sometimes to describe things as if she's not telling something but saying it, is really old-fashioned form of sophism.

Suddenly everyone become a fashion designer .. stylists, photographers, footballers wives, pop singers, club kids... :shock:

sorry for my rough english, i'm italian.

there is a pic of nicole kidman wearing a very pale pink sequin spaghetti strap dress to some premiere in yesterday's issue of wwd...
but i only have the hard copy so i can't post it...

it looks really plain ...bu you can't see much in the pic...

Is this the one?

NicoleKidmanFurPremiereItaly-Octobe.jpg

hqcb.net

I hope she hasn't been dressing Mick Jagger lately, he has been wearing a lot of horrible outfits these days :sick:

IcePrincess said:
I hope she hasn't been dressing Mick Jagger lately, he has been wearing a lot of horrible outfits these days :sick:

she may not be dressing him, but..................... she is certainly undressing him!!:lol::lol:

haha zamb..:lol:..

yep- juice-that's the dress!
thanks for the pic...
:flower:

IcePrincess said:

Hedi Slimane's doing.

there's nothing spectacular about that dress...
i could have easily mistaken it for ralph lauren...:innocent:
but i suppose nicole kidman fits in the niche meg was talking about...

i still need to see more before making a final judgement...

well, i dont need to see any, i am sick of the devaluation of this profession , by some who think that without any kind of training or solid knowledge, they can just create boring and banal clothing and call themselves designers.
there is a huge difference between styling clothing that is already made and cutting a well fitting jacket, merchandising a collection. and devweloping some new and interesting idea that moves fashion forward.
as for miss gilhart, i really like her, as she is really supportive of independent designers, (and also seems to be very approachable) but the only reason this is being bought is that it has an instant client base (in all the friends and clients connected to Ms. L'Wren Scott)
this is just more of the same, some succesful celebrity/stylist cashing in on thier moment of fame...............and DEUALUING THIS NOBLE PROFESSION!!!

oh dear....some celeb lines are cool (like the one im working on) but this is ick

There is a 6 page article/picture spread on L'Wren Scott in Br. Vogue Nov which also features L'Wren wearing a couple of her pieces, for those interested :flower:

scan0006wz3.th.jpg

Scanned by truebluejean
from Br Vogue November 2006

that dress doesn't really impress, and i have yet to read the british vogue spread....

does someone have more pics of this collection? would be interesting to see more.

couturelab.com will have her collection soon..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->