Succesful designers (shoes/clothes) emerging within the past 10 years?

valeryblack

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I would be quite interested to know which designers that have appeared in the last 10 years are really succesful (in terms of recognition and wealth). I am especially interested if there are any succesful ones which only operate online.

Thanks everyone :flower:

Is this for a project or research? Or are you just curious?

It's just out of curiosity, because the brands we hear most about are generally old brands, so I was curious which new brands are also successful.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm going to move this thread to Designers & Collections ... I think it's a better place to ask this question.

Maybe some of our members can list some of the newest sucessful designers here.

If a D&C mod thinks this is a duplicate thread, please merge it with the ongoing one.

Some that pop into my mind are Christopher Kane, Gareth Pugh, Proenza Schouler, Alexander Wang, Parabal Grurung, Jason Wu and Rodarte.

To the list above I'd add, firstly a group some of whom have been around since mid 90's but you'd probably say they rose to prominence over the last 10 years-

Haider Ackermann, Rick Owens, Viktor&Rolf, DSquared

Also - Preen, Giles (Deacon), Erdem, Rag&Bone, House of Holland, Rad Hourani?, Mary Katrantzou?

And I guess we have to add Stella McCartney

It's an interesting question can/has any designer risen to prominence on an 'internet only' basis. It's like in music, it's said Arctic Monkeys rose up organically off of MySpace. I'm pretty sure it's accurate to say that in fashion there's not been a similar story. A new social movement which rose up like the Arab Spring from net based grassroots and bringing forth designers, bands, artists, etc - a bit like the genesis of punk maybe - would be so exciting.

But it seems perhaps that everything gets focused now through the prism of the fashion weeks and conglommerate marketing spend. It's like recessions used to spawn interesting cultural phenomena - ie mid 70's = punk, early 90's = grunge. In this recession - what?

It seems like all the conditions are right for something to happen but nothing does.

Anyone able to identify an emergent cultural movement spanning music and design etc. Maybe my eyes just aren't in the right place.

Christian Louboutin and Tomas Maier for Bottega Venneta and BV itself has seen major growth over the past decade.

Wow, so excited about all the answers. I think it is quite funny actually that everything is concentrated around the cities where the fashion weeks take place since a large part of the consumers don't live there, obviously. Why do you think this is the case?
I mean, New York seems to be the Sillicon Valley of fashion, yet clothes/trends can't be distributed as easily as software from one centralized place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LKLA2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->