Suraj Sharma

Alvedansen

Reaction score
Born March 21 1993, Suraj Sharma is an Indian actor from New Delhi, who made his debut with the title role in the 2012 film Life of Pi. Directed by Ang Lee, Life of Pi was adapted from the novel of the same name.
Before the role, he had no former acting experience, and auditioned only because he was there with his younger brother who requested he come along. He was one of the 3,000 actors to audition for the role of Piscine Molitor Patel (Pi). Sharma went through several rounds of auditions before winning the part.
Director Ang Lee has stated that he selected Sharma primarily based on his expressive eyes and innocent appearance. According to him, Sharma had not only the emotion, but also the "look" of Pi. His "medium complexion" and "average build" were deemed perfect for the role.
Since filming Life of Pi, Sharma has returned to studying philosophy at St. Stephen's College, Delhi of Delhi University, and intends to continue working in filmmaking in some capacity. The movie has received critical acclaim and positive reviews for Sharma's performance.

imdb

Opening Night Gala Presentation Of "Life Of Pi" at the 50th New York Film Festival - September 28, 2012

zimbio

Special Screening for 20th Century Fox and Fox 2000's "Life Of Pi" - November 16, 2012

zimbio

"Life of PI" Opening Gala during day one of the 9th Annual Dubai International Film Festival - December 9, 2012

zimbio

"Life of PI" photocall during day one of the 9th Annual Dubai International Film Festival - December 9, 2012

zimbio

Portrait session on day one of the 9th Annual Dubai International Film Festival - December 9, 2012

zimbio

18th Annual Critics' Choice Movie Awards - January 10, 2013

zimbio

BAFTA Los Angeles 2013 Awards Season Tea Party - January 12, 2013

zimbio

65th Annual Directors Guild Of America Awards - February 2, 2013

zimbio

85th Academy Awards Nominations Luncheon - February 4, 2013

zimbio

Qm1qwoT.gif

ontd

85th Annual Academy Awards in Hollywood - Febr. 24, 2013

[FONT=&quot]zimbio[/FONT]

Suraj looked really dishy last night at the Oscars. I said it on the Oscars thread, and I'll say it here, but I loved that they kept panning to him whenever Life of Pi was nominated/won. I mean, of course he's the lead so they had too, but still, he's so good looking. I didn't mind seeing him grace the screen several times last night! :lol: :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->