Sylvana Soto-Ward

valentinavee

Reaction score
Hope there isn't a thread on her already. I don't think that there is. Apparently she graduated from Princeton and has amazing, put together style.

hed_bio.gif

photo_ssw.jpg
Sylvana Soto-Ward is an accessories editor at Vogue magazine responsible for the bag and shoe markets. Starting her career as the assistant to editor in chief Anna Wintour, Sylvana is well versed in the language of Vogue.

Prior to her days at Vogue, Sylvana interned in the fashion departments at both Harper's Bazaar and The New York Times Style Magazine. She is a graduate of Princeton University and currently lives in the West Village of New York City.

Source: Style.com

She really does have amazing style, though for some reason this doesn't translate so well in photographs, it's much more wow in real life. It helps that she's very beautiful in person as well...

Images from Park Avenue Peerage.

Attachments

• sylvanaaf.jpg
    sylvanaaf.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 25
  • sylvanalavande.jpg
    sylvanalavande.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 26
  • sylvanaswmiumiu.jpg
    sylvanaswmiumiu.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited by a moderator:
From Streetpeeper
image.php

Jacket: Black VANESSA BRUNO Jacket
Sweater: Black and White Striped GAP Sweater
Shorts: Beige MARC JACOBS Shorts with Thin Brown Belt
Shoes: Black Flats
Bracelet: Black Bracelet with Gold Spikes
Bag: Obama Tote Bag
Photo By: Phil Oh

She looks soo cute in this pic:
Paris.AW08.13.jpg

Name//Sylvana Soto-Ward
Occupation//Accessories editor, Vogue
Where//Christian Lacroix fashion show
Wearing//Proenza Schouler jacket, dress from Urban Outfitters, Sang A handbag and Christian Louboutin ankle boots
Pic/Info: jakandjil.com

did you work with her cicc? She has much more 'Teen Vogue' style with the layering of prints of colors. She does it really well though, and has very natural sense to her style which I enjoy.

Yeah I did, she looked even better in real life imho. She does layering well, but it's much more restrained than some of her Teen Vogue counterparts. I think the majority of the photos posted so far show her to be layering quite a bit, but I also love how she juxtaposes pieces like white tshirts+chunky jewelled necklace+dressy short skirts, but with a preppy and classic twists. She's also incredibly polished (aren't they all!)

Park Avenue Peerage (1st and 2nd - the 2nd is one of my favourite looks)
sylvana7th.jpg

sylvanasotowardny.jpg

Daylife (wearing Roland Mouret)
340x.jpg

German Elle
Bilder-2329-On-the-go-at-fashion-week-Erin-Fetherston-and-Sylvana-Soto-Ward-2.jpg

Guest of a Guest (wearing Versace)
Devon_Schuster__Sylvana_Soto_Ward.jpg

The Sartorialist
sylvanaatthakoonfeb4.jpg

I heart you blog (one of my favourite outfits)
sylvanabr.jpg

Some older pics from Park Avenue Peerage:
sylvanatheyskans.jpg

sylvanaclosette.jpg

phoebesylvana.jpg

virginiaphoebesylvanasotoward.jpg

(I like this one: )
sylvanaveronica.jpg

More recent ones:

Park Avenue Peerage
I like this look here too
sylvanalavande.jpg

(This is from March 09)
sylvanaamnh.jpg

devonsylvana.jpg

syl.jpg

midwesterncliche.blogspot.com

That was fast -

TAKING OVER: Vogue has appointed Sylvana Soto-Ward as the director of special events, succeeding Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, who resigned on Thursday. Since 2006, Soto-Ward has served as accessories editor, having joined the title in 2003 as assistant to editor in chief Anna Wintour. In addition, Megan Salt will join Vogue’s special events department as special event consultant. Salt has been working with the magazine on the Fashion’s Night Out program and formerly worked at HL Group. — Amy Wicks

WWD

She does the classic summer look so well. I like how the shoes toughen it up just a bit.

[nymag.com]

Attachments

• 20090623_sotoward_250x375.jpg
    20090623_sotoward_250x375.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 17
Thanks for the new pics.

She wears mini dresses and layered outfits quite often (all of which I love!)

My pleasure:flower:
I have the same Balmain boots and I like how Sylvana wears the Balmain´s with cocktail dresses

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddttss
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->