T: The New York Times Style Singapore April 2020 : Christy Turlington by Chris Colls

Bad thing Christy seems like a truly nice and kind person, so she wouldn't probably Bella's behaviour and tell him that this looks BAD.

Seriously, cancel Chris Colls! Stop this beauty murder! All his recent work just makes everyone look horrible.

It takes a certain kind of skill to take a bad picture of Christy.

Last time I saw a bad picture of Christy, it was a backstage shot published in Allure during the 90s, where she was covered in sweat and captured at an unfortunate angle.

This, however, is a deliberately premeditated crime.

I like it actually. Maybe it's the softened vibe of the image, similar to Prada's pre-fall campaign. Great portrait. And it's also not like any of Colls' work, so that makes it refreshing. The bangs must go, terrible.

Christy is one of my least favourite supers, but she's the only one who could make a messy bun and black spaghetti strap dress look glamorous. Just like she's done here with a simple tank which could easily have been from Gap.

Was the photographer blind when shooting this?
I cant believe that from all the photos taken this was the best one.

the second bad cover by chris after this Bella in vogue Greece (and awful editorial too)
i guess he got star fever and stopped trying
Photo was taken while Christy changed her expression, and this cover shot should`ve been in recycled bin, that cant fit in editorial. I bet there is like 5 shots in 2 looks only, most of them are close-up character portraits made for 2 hours only.

Always found it hard to criticize anything involving Christy Turlington - this included. I happen to love the hair, reminds me of the hairstyle Christy had during the 90s and I'm just really struggling to find anything negative. A thumbs up from me!

the moving cover is much better though but I agree this photographer should never touch a magazine cover ever again when it comes to supermodels.

CHRISTY TURLINGTON BURNS
Photographer:
Chris Colls
Stylist: Jack Wang
Hair: Ward Stegerhoek
Make-Up: Romy Soleimani
Model: Christy Turlington

tsingapore.com; @tsingapore

Chris is so numbingly bland, forgettably nondescript and grossly generic that I find his types the most offensive and insulting in fashion presentation. Everything he produces just seem a blatant passionless and soulless rip-off of someone else’s greater vision. I would have models shoot selfies before I’d even consider him if I were an CD/AD at any of these publications. How can anyone shoot Christy and Naomi with such a dead eye.

His agent is the best thing to happen to him in duping all the suckers that hire him— or he’s deeply connected with CN. There’s no other reason.

Chris is so numbingly bland, forgettably nondescript and grossly generic that I find his types the most offensive and insulting in fashion presentation. Everything he produces just seem a blatant passionless and soulless rip-off of someone else’s greater vision. I would have models shoot selfies before I’d even consider him if I were an CD/AD at any of these publications. How can anyone shoot Christy and Naomi with such a dead eye.

His agent is the best thing to happen to him in duping all the suckers that hire him— or he’s deeply connected with CN. There’s no other reason.

One of the BEST observations I have ever read on the whole TSF forum! Just BRILLIANT. Thank you, @Phuel!

Well I had a sense of deja vu by looking at the editorial and I was not wrong.

Vogue Paris ofc !

d0c0791ad65d2c49a5d699736cbeee2a.jpg

source : vogue paris

Chris is quite successful because his work is inoffensive. It is not bad at, it is not stellar. Classic B&W and fashion industry likes to have new name. Because indeed Karim Sadli, I&V, etc could have done the work.

Interview magazine and Porter/The edit were the best thing that happen to him in order to catch CN's attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->