Tabitha Simmons

HeatherAnne

Reaction score
This Thread is for Tabitha's Personal Style only, her work can be found HERE in Behind the Lens
Stylist Tabitha Simmons was born in England in 1971. After studying film at Kingston University, Tabitha began her styling career. She is the current fashion director for 'V' magazine and a regular contributor to Dazed and Confused and Another Magazine. She collaborates with photographers Craig McDean, Glen Luchford and Steven Klein and fashion designers Calvin Klein, Alexander McQueen and Zac Posen for whom she has styled catwalk shows. She currently lives and works in New York. - showstudio.com

She is also a former model, married to Craig McDean, and has an awesome new shoe collection.

pictures from style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
wwnpmw.jpg

The Experimentalist
TABITHA SIMMONS, fashion stylist and shoe designer.

WHAT I’M WEARING NOW A vintage top I bought in Nashville. I do a lot of vintage shopping there. Everything’s so cheap, you can afford to be a bit more experimental. Trash & Vaudeville jeans. They’re inexpensive and fit well, and they come in a ton of colors. I have them in black, gray, stripes. The boots are from my new shoe line, which will be in stores this month. I wanted to do styles that were timeless — no crazy heels or platforms that tie them to one season. These are English walking boots, crossed with a Scottish Highland influence. I’ve also done sexy sandals and girly Mary Janes. It’s a little schizophrenic, the line.

STYLE CREDO Rather like my shoes, my style is all over the place. One minute I’ll be in jeans and a T-shirt, and the next I’m knocking on Nina Ricci’s door asking to borrow the high-cut gowns with the big train in back.

ON MY WISH LIST A Louis Vuitton bikini with navy and white stripes and vintage T-shirts. I’ve gotten obsessed with the old classic ones, like with Mickey Mouse on them.

WHAT I WON’T WEAR Birkenstocks. My husband wears them, but I just can’t. And I will never wear Crocs. I bought them for the kids for the pebbles on the beach, and now I have to hide them because that’s all they want to wear.

PACKING FOR THE WEEKEND GETAWAY Bikinis from Eres and Stella McCartney, Havaianas flip-flops, T-shirts from The Row, old jean cutoffs, printed sundresses from Topshop and Thakoon and an L. L. Bean bag with the monogram on the side. I love them. They’re timeless and classic, and you can just chuck them around.

Photo: Lee Clower for The New York Times
source: new york times

Interview December 2009 / January 2010

PROJECT FRONT ROW
Photographer : Mikael Jansson
Coordination : Karla M. Martinez
Models : Tabitha Simmons, Anna Dello Russo, Katie Grand, Camille Bidault-Waddington, Jessica Diehl, Hidetoshi Nakata, L'wren Scott, Jefferson Hack & Anouck Lepère, Dasha Zhukova, Giovanna Battaglia, Daphne Guinness, Lauren Santo Domingo, Marie-Amélie Sauvé, Charlotte Stockdale & Marc Newson, Stefano Tonchi, Olivier Zahm & André Saraiva & Lara Stone & Trish Goff, Natalia Vodianova.

xcosp5.jpg

fashionista.com

tabitha appeared in Lucky mag c 2005(?) as an unidentified street wanderer. little did they know...
View attachment 542631
my scan

Attachments

• tsslm05.jpg
    tsslm05.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 4
Tabitha Simmons by David Burton, VOGUE Paris October 2004 :heart:

my scans

Tabitha Simmons for BCBG Maz Azria

ellastica scan

Last edited by a moderator:
my sister who worked briefly as a nanny in New York was waiting outside the kids' school when she was chatting with this beautiful lady, my sister said she loved the name 'tabitha' like tabitha simmons...and the beautiful lady says.."that's me!". My sister said she was very nice and absolutely delightful.

she has the most wonderfully expressive eyes:blush:

fun little article from US VOGUE February 2007.

Tabitha with her VOGUE cohorts, shot by Arthur Elgort, all wearing the same DKNY dress, of course.

tb27elgort.jpg

ellastica scan

Vogue Brazil - August 2011

Article: "Criador e Criatura"
Models: Gaia Repossi and Anouck Lepere; Joseph Altuzarra and Lily Kwong; Tabitha Simmons and Karen Elson
Ph.: Steven Pan

Scanned by me

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->