Tara Ferry

Prairie

Reaction score
35604-800w.jpg

models.com

Another rock-star offspring who seems to have taken over the young-London circuit, Tara Ferry (pictured here with father Bryan Ferry), 19, is the second-youngest of the diversely occupied Ferry siblings. While Isaac, 23, works for Mario Testino, and Otis, 26, campaigns for foxhunting rights, Tara attends the Chelsea College of Art and Design and, now a drummer in the band Rubber Kiss Goodbye, he may follow in his father's footsteps.

vanity fair

Burberry Prorsum Pre-Fall 2011

05m.jpg
10m.jpg
13m.jpg

16m.jpg
30m.jpg

style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
his face is impressive in print, wish him doing good :smile:

He's pretty different on the show compared with polas above

Burberry Prorsum F/W 11.12 Milan

burberry-prorsum04.JPG
burberry-prorsum23.JPG

burberry-prorsum42.JPG

wwd.com

He's pretty different on the show compared with polas above

He does look quite different. In the polas, he looks leaner, but regardless he's a Burberry boy (I don't think it's the proper term, but it sounds good :lol:) through and through.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought BP Pre-Fall 2011 was the first collaboration of Burberry and Tara, but now I'm almost sure that he took part in Fall 2006 campaign:

Yes, that's him! :D

Burberry was founded in 1856 and this year celebrates its 150th anniversary. This year’s campaign, created in Burberry's now signature black-and-white, has an extensive British cast spanning the generations. Burberry Creative Director, Christopher Bailey, celebrates the brand’s roots in the autumn/winter collections through exploration of the richness of Burberry cultural history, heritage and rich portfolio of icons.
The Burberry family has been reunited for this shoot, which took place in London, the home of the brand. For the first time Burberry models Kate Moss and Stella Tennant feature together in the same campaign. The historic cityscape of the capital serves as the backdrop to the shoot. Photographer Mario Testino who has shot the campaigns since Spring/Summer 1998 is once again behind the camera.
The cross generational aspect of the brand is highlighted by the several generations of its cast members; Stella Tennant and her daughter Jasmine, Bryan Ferry and his sons Otis, Isaac and Tara, Lady Jacquetta Eliot and her son Louis. There is a nod to British cultural heritage of the past through legendary 60s model Penelope Tree, 70s singer/songwriter Bryan Ferry and David Bailey’s son, Fenton, an up-and-coming photographer. The enduring synergy between music and fashion are represented by Bryan Ferry and Brit band Kasabian and singer/songwriter Louis Eliot. Other links to the London’s past and future include Edie Campbell daughter of fashion editor turned architect Sophie Hicks and Alice Dellal daughter of celebrated 70s model Andrea Dellal. Top British contemporary models included in the campaign are Lily Donaldson, Tom Guinness and James Jamieson as well as up-and-coming actors Max Irons, son of Jeremy Irons and Leo Gregory.
As inspiration for the autumn/winter collections, Burberry Creative Director Christopher Bailey looked at the Burberry archives and translated them. The look is elegant and refined but always staying true to the real English style with a sense of dishevelled elegance. The collections reference the outdoors, countryside and open spaces and reflect Burberry’s heritage in functional outerwear including the classic Burberry trench coat, Burberry’s heritage of sartorial elegant tailoring, inspired by our historic men’s made-to-measure suiting.
The key bag of the season is the Burberry Manor bag that is carried by both Kate Moss and Penelope Tree.

burberry.com via boho_babe from the Burberry Campaign Archive thread

^ Aww very nice, pretty neat article as well, those Ferry boys! I like the commercial wit Tara and Bryan very nice.

TaraFerry.jpg

We get all sorts of solicitous emails, hate mail, love letters, and uncategorizable insanity from our VMAN readers. Every so often, we like to remember that we were once fashion-obsessed teenagers, dreaming of writing for any number of now-shuttered publications that continue to inspire us. So when we received an email from Michael Breton, senior at Bishop McNamara High School outside of Washington, D.C.—and style editor of his school’s newspaper, The Stampede—we couldn’t help but feel the tugs of nostalgia and sentimentality pulling at our heartstrings. Breton had taken it upon himself to interview Tara Ferry, the 21-year-old son of music legend Bryan Ferry and face of Burberry’s Spring/Summer 2011 campaign, who’s also the drummer for the band Rubbber Kiss Goodbye. Maybe it’s the holiday spirit. Maybe we’re trying to relive our youth. Maybe it’s the fact that it’s a pretty good interview. Or maybe it’s the fact that we’re pretty sure this class of high school seniors are likely to someday rule the virtual world in which we’ll likely find ourselves incarcerated, so we might as well get on their good sides. No matter! Take it away, young Mr. Breton.

MICHAEL BRETON As a face of Burberry and something of a muse for Christopher Bailey, how did this collaboration start? What do you like about the fashion world?
TARA FERRY
I first met Christopher in 2006. He is an amazing talent and also an incredibly nice person. His Burberry designs have character and are always edgy. I love clothes, but I’m not sure I love the fashion world. From what I see, its a rough, cutthroat industry—you have to be thick-skinned to survive. I think thats what makes it attractive in the first place!

MB Who is the most interesting person you’ve met so far? Why?
TF
Isabella Blow, sadly not with us anymore. She was a great friend of mine and was very influential in the fashion industry. She discovered the designer Alexander McQueen.

MB What is your favorite place to be? Why?
TF
My favourite place in the world is the English countryside, especially the Southwest. It has a very unique, rich beauty. There’s a certain mystique about it. The air is fresh. It’s the one place on earth I can find real peace and quiet, total tranquility. I like to go there and play with my dogs!

MB What is your ambition?
TF
I love being creative. I like to explore my own ideas and try to make something from them. I think people often limit themselves from trying new things, playing victim to their own negativity. I believe we don’t know ourselves well enough to say we can’t do something. I’m working on so many different projects in different fields of work, and I think this variety in life is very healthy.

MB What makes a man and a good life?
TF
Good manners make a man. A good life is to be happy and be at peace.

MB What inspires you when it comes to your music, your photography, and your personal style?
TF
My dad is the biggest inspiration in my life. I take everything from him!

MB What is your favorite film?
TF
My favorite film so far is The Shawshank Redemption. It’s a really powerful film and gets me every time I watch it. I also love all of Alfred Hitchcock’s films.

MB Do you have any concerts coming up in the U.S.?
TF
In 2012 I will be gigging in the U.S. with my band, Rubber Kiss Goodbye.
vman.com

GQ Style Italia S/S 2012
'SLAVE TO LOVE'

Ph: Jason Hetherington

whynotmodels

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back