Tatler January 2020 : Nicole Kidman by Jack Waterlot

Great cover! Would of been interesting if they styled her in a flapper look for the new “20’s” lol

Oh my! Just take the picture and show the lady where the bathroom is!! :rofl: I mean come on, Kidman used to be one the best cover stars, but i guess this is what happens when you do your 300th cover, you just over it!

I doubt that it was deliberate, but I like the way she looks as artificial as one of the stiff figures you'd see in historical art, like she's just stepped out of the painting behind her.

Stiff, tense, awkward but I still love how perfect this is for Tatler. Everything expect Nicole's face is a plus, love the background, the styling and how each element complements one another. I sure am keen to see more!

I doubt that it was deliberate, but I like the way she looks as artificial as one of the stiff figures you'd see in historical art, like she's just stepped out of the painting behind her.

Thought the same when I first saw it, and I actually thought it was intentional. Don't like glossiness. A cover which I'm sure will appeal to this magazine's readers and Ralph Lauren.

Thoroughly enjoyed the December issue. It's as haughty, but less blatant than US Town & Country. That said, 'The hottest divorcees to marry right now', My God. Are there really pockets of women who sit around and wait for men on the rebound. And why would these men rush into marriage again ao quickly after divorce? :rofl:

I thought of a movie poster when I first saw this. Nicole looks good though.

Is this second cover of Nicole under the new director? Or am I wrong?

I thought my subscription had lapsed, but an issue turned up in the post today, so let's get on with it...

130 pgs, with 110 pg travel supplement. The adverts are pretty much just high-end jewellery and perfume campaigns for Chanel etc. Back page is Vuitton's Cœur Battant perfume with Emma Stone.

There's a short look at posh personalised Christmas cards, Mark Ronson and Roman Abramovich count as some of the eligible 'divorcées' (while that seems to be an accepted version for men in English, it makes me feel like someone didn't pay full attention in French grammar class), the merits of having a large family, 'The New Rules of High Society' where status symbols include owning your own train, a look at gender-bending artists of the 70s, the updated Lady Dior (apparently Diana's favourite handbag) a couple of pages of party dressing, and getting yourself a couture item to celebrate your 21st birthday.

There's a 1 pg shot which looks like it should be the start of an editorial - BE DAZZLED, shot by Mark Cant, styled by Sophie Pera, but it goes nowhere. It doesn't even open an accessories section. Odd.

Nicole's feature is 10 pgs, and in contrast to the cover, has more traditional glamour. If you think back to her appearance in US Vogue around 2004, and that Penn cover where she had her back to the camera... obviously not as good as that, but that type of glamour. There are too many shots where she has her hair over her face and it makes her look a little unhinged. But one shot - in Armani - is perfection (you can see it on their Insta).

There's a feature about some person's Park Avenue place, but it's really just getting in the way of BELLE TOUJOURS, a 10 pg fashion editorial which has definitely taken notes from Vogue Paris. Shot by Luc Braquet, styled by Sophie Pera and starring Lisa Louis @ Models 1, it's about resort collections on the Riviera.

Another feature about posh people and a place, then we're into the Beauty section, which is very short, and the Tatler Throwback at the end is Tallulah Bankhead from Sep 1925.

The travel supplement also has a Tatler Throwback, this time it's Estelle Halliday shot by Herb Ritts for the April 1987 cover, and Tatjana Patitz on the beach in Malibu, also by Ritts. The travel supplement is a brochure of lovely places, but it also randomly reprints shots from the Conde Nast archive, such as an image from Kirsten Dunst's Vogue shoot that coincided with 'Marie Antoinette' to run alongside a short mention of Versailles.

This magazine continues to make fun of itself while providing much-needed glamour. I have already resubscribed.

The travel supplement is a brochure of lovely places, but it also randomly reprints shots from the Conde Nast archive, such as an image from Kirsten Dunst's Vogue shoot that coincided with 'Marie Antoinette' to run alongside a short mention of Versailles.

Burst out laughing when I saw that because it was so random! And that shoot could not have been very cheap to reprint because it's a Leibovitz story.

They need to look into RM if you only got this issue today because it's been out on newsstands for weeks. I sometimes think it defeats the purpose to be a subscriber if you're the last to get your issue.

Tatler January 2020

Nicole Kidman: A 2020 Vision

Photographer: Jack Waterlot
Stylist: Sophie Pera
Hair: Italo Gregorio
Makeup: Molly Stern
Manicure: Tara Finley
Cast: Nicole Kidman

Tatler Digital Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
Nicole Kidman editorial is everything. Now I’m mad because I didn’t order my copy at CNWWN :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->