Tatler November 2019 : Elle Fanning by Jack Waterlot

I don’t like the fading on the left part, but other than that it’s quite a striking cover.

Yes, the fading and definitely that chunky text. Way too much for a newsstand cover.
But other than that, this cover is perfection. Love it when Tatler is so unapologetically posh and not trying to be cool or hip or topical. The colours and styling also works.

Another winner for Dennen!

wow, a beautiful photo ruined by the art direction...

tatlercover0731191178111917rt1v2qc.jpg

tatler_cover_0731191039_111917_rt1_v2_qc.jpg

tatler.com

Very Meisel for Vogue UK, I love it. Elle looks absolutely stunning!

Very Meisel for Vogue UK, I love it. Elle looks absolutely stunning!

More importantly, this cover illustrates that you don't need necessarily need Meisel. That's how much I like it.
Now the editorial, on the other hand, looks very cheesy. That pose is so not Elle.

This is stunning.

Vogue UK should take notes. You can have the best of both worlds (a) stick with your 60s schtick; and (b) go outdoors.

Way better than the Kaia Gerber cover. A play of prints and color.

Personally I find all the chunky jewellery too distracting but other than that this is a remarkable cover! It could literally be from the 70s yet it manages to avoid looking dated at all. Probably one Elle's best covers.

I actually really dislike this. I think it looks dated and cheap. Normally love her (and Jack's work) but not at all feeling this. Reminds me of a local-regional magazine trying to look high-fashion.

Elle is one of the most annoying (and bad) actresses working right now.
The trailer for the Woody Allen cringeworthy new film is just a small sample of her lack of talent.

Elle is one of the most annoying (and bad) actresses working right now.
The trailer for the Woody Allen cringeworthy new film is just a small sample of her lack of talent.

Really? I dunno, I think she actually keeps a very low public profile for someone who's repping big brands. You don't see her face constantly plastered on magazines, feuding with the Kardashians, or tied to a string of men. I actually think she's a breath of fresh air and definitely a healthy example for young women. Certainly someone I'd like to read about.

Now don't ask me how she got mixed up with Woody Allen!

I have my subscription copy of Tatler... yesterday I resubscribed for £12 so I'll be getting it until February 2021. This issue has 154 pgs.

Ads are mostly for handbags, watches and jewellery, with a cover gatefold ad for Vuitton Travel. Back page is Cara D for Dior jewellery.

There are mini-features about a party for Chanel's J12 watch, when Andrew Parker Bowles sat for Lucien Freud, Princess Beatrice being talk of the month, a mention of artist Dora Maar ahead of an exhibition of her work at Tate Modern, and proper features about Ghislane Maxwell going to ground, breathing new life into Haddon Hall, the newly-published memoirs of Nicholas Coleridge.

The beauty section just has 'beauty awards', yet another text-heavy listing taking up space on pages that should instead have lovely product shots designed to make you feel it's worth spending your money on the false promises on offer.

The Tatler Throwback shot is Melania Trump in a bikini on a golf course, taken in April 2000.

WRIST TAKERS is a 4 pg accessories shoot, with diamond accessories on a gloved hand touching a man's face. Shot by Mark Cant, styled by David Nolan.

A-GAME is a 14 pg studio editorial about 80s sport-luxe, it's like glamorous aerobics combined with Chanel winter sports. Shot by Luc Braquet, styled by Fabio Immediato, starring Alexina @ Elite Paris.

Then it's FANGIRL, the cover story, which has an accompanying interview.

There's a Watches and Jewellery Guide with the December issue, out on 31 October. The cover shot is like that Doutzen cover of Vogue Italia with the falling hair.

Another solid offering from Tatler, and I continue to be impressed by what Richard Dennen is doing with the magazine. Beautiful cover, love the colours, the retro styling on Elle Fanning throughout and love how the muted teal shade of the masthead complements the cover shot.

Wow, gorgeous, love it. Pretty colors. It really catches your eye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alksdnfskfgikwjfne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->