Tatler November 2023 : Naomi Watts by Daniel Sachon

That cringy tag :grinningwsweat::rofllaughing:
I love her and I´m always happy to see her on covers, love it and the editorial!

perhaps a different background and this cover would’ve been perfect.

preview looks stunning!

am I finally buying Tatler?

I like Naomi. I know she's getting the cover for playing Babe Paley in Feud: Capote's Women and I love when Tatler gushes about any movie or show about high society from the past by featuring the actresses and talking about the real stories behind it, specially because high society is what the magazine is about, and for better or for worse, that high society scene does not exist in the way and codes that it did back then.

So it all kinda becomes a nostalgia trip and you get covers like this with Naomi playing elegant lady dress up. Which I don't mind and I do like because escapism is the whole point and that's kinda why I still buy Tatler. They know stealth wealth and quiet luxury is what apparently rich people are wearing today. They don't care because reality is not the point. They are like: here's some wealth p*rn.

I've always loved Naomi Watts, EMI I've always wondered why Anna wintour didn't give her a cover, I love the cover and the editorial in perfect old Hollywood Style

Tatler's been this version of Tatler since early 2018, when Dennen was appointed as editor. It does the same thing every month, which is exactly why I subscribe. If you've started taking an interest, the great news is - you've got years of content to catch up on, all of it on this glorious level of don't-give-a-f*ck glamour.

Tatler (and French Elle) have suddenly become titles that get attention, because they have continued to plough their own steady furrow while other magazines walk themselves closer to the cliff with every month, having forgotten what they were put on earth to do.

(Tatler, in the later years of Kate Reardon's tenure, became very dull, I don't recommend reading any of those issues from just before 2018).

My Linda by Meisel book has just turned up.

Another absolute smash of a Tatler cover, and feel as though I have appreciated more Tatler covers than I have British Vogue this year. Naomi Watts looks flawless here, love the OTT glamour and the beauty styling. It’s all just so loud and so very Tatler that I have fallen instantly in love.

Got my subscription copy today, this issue (152 pgs) comes with the regular Spa Guide supplement (80 pgs).

Gatefold cover is a Vuitton advert, there's also 4 pgs of the new Chanel Coco Neige campaign before it's the usual high jewellery adverts, champagne, posh paint etc.

In terns of articles, Yacht Girl Summer looks at where people went on holiday this year, Tatler Takes Ibiza! sees the magazine profile the Pacha club, also, a look at a new boy on Made in Chelsea, and the descendants of The Queen Mother (Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon).

You've seen the cover story already, it's accompanied by an interview, and followed by Ruffled Feathers, a look at what went on between Truman Capote and Babe Paley. To continue the theme, the fashion editorial in this issue is THE TRUMAN SHOW, shot by Ellen von Unwerth and styled by Hannah Teare, riffing on the Black and White Ball.

There's an interview with "London's latest It Girl" Allegra Handelsman, and then more about the The Queen Mother and 'Backstairs Billy' as Luke Evans stars in a play based on the relationship.

No different than any other month, although the side of my issue is misaligned - when the cover image creeps onto the white spine, but only at one end, making it look wonky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
numenah
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->