Teeani Chang

I really like her look . Wether or not her face is common in China, I think she exudes that kind of elegant nonchalance that all good models have. I'd love to see her on the runway.

I find it so strange and quite annoying that everytime when there is a thread opened for an Asian model, people come in and say "In China, people will not think she is beautiful. She looks like a commoner." Apparantly, there is something about these girls that makes them stand out from any crowd and makes them suitable as models (at least in the West). I mean, I see it. Perhaps Asia should see them as a compliment, affirming that Asians are beautiful people in general! :flower:

Mr-Dale said:
Perhaps Asia should see them as a compliment, affirming that Asians are beautiful people in general! :flower:
...Or they might take it as an insult that Westerners are unable to discriminate attractive from unattractive Asians, as if all Asians look basically the same to them. Just playing devil's advocate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr-Dale said:
I find it so strange and quite annoying that everytime when there is a thread opened for an Asian model, people come in and say "In China, people will not think she is beautiful. She looks like a commoner." Apparantly, there is something about these girls that makes them stand out from any crowd and makes them suitable as models (at least in the West). I mean, I see it. Perhaps Asia should see them as a compliment, affirming that Asians are beautiful people in general! :flower:

Perhaps to asians, she does not stand out just like a lot of eastern europeans think their models are just like another girl who walks on the streets of Russia. It really isn't a case of being strange and annoying but merely a matter of opinion. I'm sure a lot of asians would recognise outstanding models if they see one. For example in my case, I think Ai Tominaga and Du Juan are both stunning.

That's why I find it so strange... that opinions of beauty vary so much in the West and East. That was what I was trying to point out... But still, I have heard that opinion too often... I mean, it's not like all caucasian models are attractive... I find Sasha and Freja not attractive at all... yet they stand out as models. That is a difference people in general should realise.

I hate to generalize and be blunt, but from my experience with Asian people, they like the commercialized "cute" look.
they like big eyes, curly dyed brown/blonde hair, pink clothes, frilly little shirts and dresses, kind of like a real version of an anime person.
i'm actually very glad that the asian models who have made it big do not look like that, and if people in asia cannot appreciate that, they're missing out.

however, i can't say i like this girl. she has a very interesting look, which i like. but there's something awkward about her.

BaroqueRockstar said:
I hate to generalize and be blunt, but from my experience with Asian people, they like the commercialized "cute" look.
they like big eyes, curly dyed brown/blonde hair, pink clothes, frilly little shirts and dresses, kind of like a real version of an anime person.
i'm actually very glad that the asian models who have made it big do not look like that, and if people in asia cannot appreciate that, they're missing out.

however, i can't say i like this girl. she has a very interesting look, which i like. but there's something awkward about her.

I completely agree with you, but what annoys me is people either side with one type or the other, it's either the ones with very conventional oriental features or the ones with near caucasian features, there seems to be no happy medium.
I definitely think there are quite a few gorgeous asian models with conventional asian features but also think asian models with huge eyes can also be gorgeous. I don't get why people can't appreciate all types of asians. It's definitely not true that all asians with small eyes look the same, the only asians that look the same are those korean actresses that probably went to the same plastic surgeon.

EEEK. She looks like my chemistry lab partner, who was really annoying. :lol::lol:

She's with DNA, so she might be able to get some work if they push her.

What's her ethnicity? She totally looks Korean to me, not Chinese. Chang is also a common Korean last name. Does anyone know what her ethnic background is?

marqueemoon said:
...Or they might take it as an insult that Westerners are unable to discriminate attractive from unattractive Asians, as if all Asians look basically the same to them. Just playing devil's advocate.

I live in San Francisco which has a population that is 1/3 Asian, I don't think Asians look the same, and I think Teeani is gorgeous.

I have noticed, however, that a lot of Easterners seem to have a bias against small eyes. Not sure what that's about.

Does anyone know her ethnicity? Damn it! I want to know! :P Btw, I think she's cute as a button.

Yeah, ordinary people's opinions are never even taken in consideration in the modeling world. if it were up to them, the place would be full of adriana lima's and pamela anderson-look alikes. these people would've never considered a gemma or a natalia. they like a certain type of aesthetic that has little to do with say, good bone structure!. i know this for a fact...my sister is big on the how-can-you-like-this-girl subject. dizzy face included.

Teeani's showcard for New York fashion week. *source: dna :smile:

Attachments

• teeani.jpg
    teeani.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 21
Whether she's beautiful or not according to East or West, I PERSONALLY think she is stunning, and I have a feeling she will do well as a model.

Beauty is different for everyone.

:flower:

Gazillion said:
Teeani's showcard for New York fashion week. *source: dna :smile:

I'm ready to see her strom the runways now. Bring it on Teeani!

*Thanks for posting it here, Gaz ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->