The Art Institute (s) (USA & Canada)

Say "The Art Institutes"to someone well versed in the fashion industry (or art industry) and they'll either take pity on you and not say anything (to your face), not hire you or snicker.

Ah yikes, is this really true?

If you search it on here, it's pretty much that. It was my experience that it was as well.

For what it's worth, I never got that response or anything close to it. Almost the opposite.

Thank God! haha do you/did you go there? What was your experience?

I went to the Art Institute of Pittsburgh. It was a good experience. I went for Photography and it was strong on technicals. I eventually moved to NYC and everyone I have talked to is familiar with the AI schools. There's never been any negativity brought up. :flower:

AI of Pittsburgh was a good school. AI seems to be predominantly about technicals with less emphasis on art. I went there for my associates in photo and then finished with my BFA in photo at SVA in NYC. It was the best of both worlds getting solid techincal know-how at AIP and then a great art background at SVA.

Anyone that would make giggling comments about you behind your back isn't worth your time tbh. Who cares what school you goto? The portfolio speaks for itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
It all depends on your portfolio and how you market yourself. If you come from a bad instutution that doesn't prepare you for the outside world then an employer will see that from one glance at your cv/resume

Art Institute Of Pittsburgh

I've been looking into this college for quite some time.

http://www.artinstitutes.edu/pittsburgh/

I'm of course going for their offered course of Fashion Merchandising
I'm excited but I know little of what to expect-- I've heard it is mostly hands-on activities and this is seriously what I want to go for. The costs are high (it is currently ranked 444th out of 500 schools for cost-- ouch) and I want to learn more from anyone who has taken this course and what it's like.

Thank you so much for any assistance. I'm also looking into scholarships to deal with the cost-- I only have a $1,000.00 one so far. Can I get any for being one of the only males possibly going for this course?

The Art Institute of Vancouver

Hey guys! So I was thinking about attending the Art Institute of Vancouver, but all I've heard are negative things about the school. However, most of what I've heard has been about other faculties so I was wondering if anyone has taken classes or is taking a fashion program there? Or at any of their other locations? Any insight would be greatly appreciated :heart:

The Art Institute of Portland

Is anyone currently attending this school or has anyone graduated from here? What's your opinion of it? I'm currently at another university but I want to go to design school after I graduate, so I'm thinking of getting the A.A. degree in Apparel Design or possibly the B.F.A. if I can complete it quickly enough. Thanks for your input!

The Art Institutes are not very good schools. They are "for profit" meaning the bottom line and not your education is their priority. Avoid. Find a good non-profit private college like Parsons, Otis, Savannah, etc. Your money will be much better spent and you will actually get a job in the industry after graduation.

And BTW there is no fast-track to a quality education. A BFA takes 4 years to complete.

I went for an open house and it seemed quite commercialized i ll try savanah next time am in the US

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcos11
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->