The Comeback Queens

Echoes

Confused & Bewildered
Reaction score
It seems somone is finally paying attention to what a true model is (or was). With some exceptions, the huge names are returning to current TV commercials instead of the new no-name faces. Other ads for the same companies are using celebrity-actress models like Jennifer Garner, but the trend seems to be towards the oldies but goodies.

Recently I've seen new work from Linda Evangelista, Brooke Shields and just the other day Elle McPherson in a Revlon ad. Stephanie Seymour has been doing infomercials for a while now and I've seen a few others I can't think of at the moment.

Are the companies seeking them out? Or are the models responsible for their own resurgance?

Which others have you seen?

I immediately think of Isabeli Fontana. she did 2 comebacks for her 2 sons.. she said that it was not so easy but she started better than before

I think I´ve seen Claudia working again. IMO it`s great they use a little older models again, I guess people are tired of seeing only plain 18 y.o in ads, so industry is just responsing to that. These things come in periods. That`s my theory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Naomi Campbell did a small comeback last season walking for Issa, Dolce&Gabbana (men's) and Hermes s/s 2009 and appearing in the Dsquared s/s 2009 ad campaign alongside Linda Evangelista.

Anna Maria Jagodzinska made a huge comback last year, bigger than she was a couple of years before. (by Meisel)

Maria Carla Boscono was out of the pictures for a couple of seasons but is back again.

Raquel Zimmermann seemed to fade away from HF, just when everyone thought she'd be gone she got hyped bigtime and got a huge amount of campaigns.

Flavia Oliveira was like six years ago allover the runways, was gone for like 5 seasons and came back again.

Anna Vyalitsyna made her breakthroug in 2002 and after some seasons in HF she made a switch to the commercial stuff. Last season there she was... back!

Stella Tennant has been doing a lot in the recent past ... for Marc Jacobs & Burberry I believe ... she has said that age doesn't matter when any signs of it can just be airbrushed away.

Except for Ana Claudia Michels, I don't think any of the girls in the first post....they are supers and have always been around and probably will be untill they die of old age. If we are talking comeback queens, we are talking Anna Jagodzinska and Anne Vyalitsyna for sure. They went away and came back....better than ever, if I may add...

well, most of the supermodels are back (naomi never left), so agents, designers, etc should really start looking for different type of girls than the ones who worked the most in past few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreagmanili
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->