The Financial Times HTSI September 14, 2024 : Karolina Spakowski by Amy Troost

The model most deserving of a major comeback imo. She has that Gisele ability of being both super commercial but still being able to pull off high fashion.
She has unfortunately slowed down but maybe calling for a major comeback is a bit early. I do agree that she has that special commanding look that suits everything.

I'm rooting for HTSI; it's not at the level of D Repubblica or M Le Monde but it's not too far off. I'm starting to enjoy their fashion issues at least. Even if they didn't manage to grab onto say MAS, Templer or Barbieri who have contributed for them before in this case, it appears they've been able to lock Piergiorgio in for casting.

Karolina's edit is pretty great for the most part, especially in print (I always feel that the oversized format does wonders for their stories). Even if I'm not a fan of Amy's photography and am indifferent to Beat's styling, there's a good range of looks and individual images shot in the studio and on the streets of NY. And if course Karolina carries it all off with flair; she's golden.

I just get annoyed by the fact that the cover material is the same as the pages within; makes it very hard to keep any issues in good condition over time. Also the insistence on throwing a single ad page in between the main editorial (sometimes you're lucky and they don't do this) feels a bit cheap and breaks the flow of the story.

karolina is a great model

maybe its the way they style her but i kinda feel like her overall look is just very that mid 2000s prada model who walks a lot of shows then disappears, like, there were hundreds of that girl, always styling her in minimal makeupo and hair like a test shoot doesn't change that perception..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyemeritus
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->