The Music From Christian Dior Shows (PLEASE READ POST #1 FOR FULL SOUNDTRACK LISTS)

he he
i have this magazine...
viktoretrolfHP3.jpg

Originally posted by Scott+Jan 9th, 2004 - 4:13 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scott @ Jan 9th, 2004 - 4:13 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lena@Jan 8th, 2004 - 3:49 pm
:blink: E.Magazine serves as the official catalogue of the exhibition :P
I'm sorry,Lena? Its not the magazine A-Z?

[/b][/quote]
its the same magazine scott & thomas :wink:
i just prefer to call it E Magazine for this issue
only 15euros for europe and absolutely worth it B)

Sorry Lena,I just got confused :wacko: :lol:

Popmasha!!! Hello to you :wink:

Originally posted by Scott@Jan 7th, 2004 - 2:22 pm
It has now, since E,after initially planning to have Martin Margiela curate the issue, the publisher in The Netherlands decided to do his own thing and use V&R, and that sparked Walter & Co. to disassociate themselves.
From what I heard, Margiela never knew he was supposed to be guest editing E, so it was a bit premature to announce him as the next guest editor. You can't really blame Viktor & Rolf from 'stealing' the issue from Martin if he probably wasn't planning to do it in the first place.

Originally posted by gert+Jan 10th, 2004 - 7:16 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gert @ Jan 10th, 2004 - 7:16 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scott@Jan 7th, 2004 - 2:22 pm
It has now, since E,after initially planning to have Martin Margiela curate the issue, the publisher in The Netherlands decided to do his own thing and use V&R, and that sparked Walter & Co. to disassociate themselves.
From what I heard, Margiela never knew he was supposed to be guest editing E, so it was a bit premature to announce him as the next guest editor. You can't really blame Viktor & Rolf from 'stealing' the issue from Martin if he probably wasn't planning to do it in the first place. [/b][/quote]
hello & welcome to the FS gert :flower:
i so agree with you it's absolutely not their fault

Did it sound like I was blaming them? I certainly hope no. I know its not their fault. Besides,I too am only sharing what I've been hearing and I had actually thought from the comments said, that Margiela was actually beginning the issue when this all come about. The thing that frustrates me the most is what the publisher did to Walter and FFI as it was 50/50 shares. Plus,it was perhaps the freshest and most original thing out and now I feel its only downhill from now. But,no,I'm not blaming V&R at all.

Originally posted by Scott@Jan 11th, 2004 - 12:36 am
it was perhaps the freshest and most original thing out and now I feel its only downhill from now.
A-Z mag is so conceptual, its all up to the editing, so please dont be pessimistic about it scott, who knows who will edit it next and how creative the new guest editor will be?

i agree it wasnt nice for walter&FFI to be left out, but little we know on what went on between them, right? :ninja:

Originally posted by Lena+Jan 10th, 2004 - 3:42 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Jan 10th, 2004 - 3:42 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scott@Jan 11th, 2004 - 12:36 am
it was perhaps the freshest and most original thing out and now I feel its only downhill from now.
A-Z mag is so conceptual, its all up to the editing, so please dont be pessimistic about it scott, who knows who will edit it next and how creative the new guest editor will be?

i agree it wasnt nice for walter&FFI to be left out, but little we know on what went on between them, right? :ninja: [/b][/quote]
I'm thinking that personal feelings could also be involved as N* was telling me they made some comments at the graduation shows in Antwerp that offended quite alot of people. But my feelings towards them has nothing to do with that as I don't know what was said.

As far as who will curate the next one,I'm absolutely hoping and touching wood that it will remain the same way it has and will finally get MM to do the next issue. Words cannot describe how much I was looking forward to that! :P

i've watched some of CDior shows
i think the music there was pretty good

i know some like

dior 03fall haute couture
madonna-die another day
and Can Can

dior 04spring haute couture
beyonce-baby boy
the source-you got the love

04 dior spring ready-to-wear
hole-violet
marianne faithful-broken english; the ballad of lucy jordan; working class hero
alanis morissette-21 things i want in a lover
Janis Joplin-move over

Dior 04fall
Nina Simone-Sinnerman :woot: :woot: :woot: :innocent: :innocent:

now i'd like to know the music of *Dior 2003 fall RTW*
but i've never watched it.
I want some videos of the show,but i couldnt find it anywhere
so,does anybody have this show?Would u please tell me where i can find some.
and if you know the songs of the show ,please tell me ,too.....

please pardan me,i cannot speak english well,i'm a Chinese.i found here yesterday
and it's so great here,many nice pics of my favourute models,and so much news here,i like here very much!

Dior's Fall 03 collection was amazing in all aspects. I was there... :wub:

The music was pretty much the best of all Dior shows as well.

I can't believe I am divulging this once guilty-hidden-pleasure information, but here is the list of the music played at the Fall 03 RTW show:

- Some weird gregorian chanting thing that I didn't really like
- Eclipse, "take me down"
- U2, "staring at the sun"
- iio, "at the end"
- Moloko, "familiar feeling"

I think those're all of them :blink:

I'm an odd one!

...Do any of you out there agree with me that Jeremy Healy should release CDs of the mix-shows he's done for the Dior catwalk!? I would love that so much! The music is great.

Originally posted by Dior@May 13th, 2004 - 11:55 pm
madonna-die another day
and Can Can
...I was there too :rolleyes:

...Don't forget "Naughty Girl" by Beyonce, "Get Busy" by Sean Paul, and lots of random hand-clapping foot-stomping flamenco.

There was also that rather annoying (but I loved it!) song playing during the "tango" sequence, by some guy. Can anyone tell me what that song is?? I tried looking everywhere but I couldn't find anything.

I also need to find out what the song playing during the Can-Can segment was. It is the greatest EVER!

:unsure:

Originally posted by Dior@May 14th, 2004 - 5:55 am
please pardan me,i cannot speak english well,i'm a Chinese.i found here yesterday
and it's so great here,many nice pics of my favourute models,and so much news here,i like here very much!
:flower: welcome to the fashion spot....
your english seems fine, i am sure it will only improve with time, and probably even usage of the site will help :heart:

i really love the music from the dior shows that i have watched properly... the eygptian haute couture was cool....

but wat i would really like to know... is the music that was on the site... last year for the haute couture animation... it was like " lalal a new berlin..." i loved it!

Hey there..
Hmmm.. remind me of the 2003 Dior ready to wear ???? Because you can go to the dior.com website and download the LATEST vids that are put into your temp file... then u simply save that out of the temp file into another file... they're amazing videos with all the music.. what id like to know is where did u find all the names of the songs???????????????????

dont ya just guess the song names from when you hear it..
the haute couture was really easy... beyonce n u've got the love etc...

suppose... but i couldnt guess the latest AW 2004 Dior music.. NO IDEA!!!

hmm not heard it yet... is it still available on the site? lemme go see

Yes it is i think.. havent been there for a while.. its like jamaicanish.. the same music is repeated throughout the whole of the 20min show instead of a remix of all sorts of songs.... it gets quite annoying by the end of the show!!!

i wa sjust watchin it ... YUCK... the song is soo annoying...
sounds almost as if there was a live band somewhere... i couldnt watch it all
it was getting sickening.. the clothes n the music together

Originally posted by brian@May 14th, 2004 - 2:32 am
Dior's Fall 03 collection was amazing in all aspects. I was there... :wub:
thank you very very much,u helped me a lot!!!!

you've been there?oh , it was great, :flower: :flower: :flower:

you know that show was Chinese and Japanese,I like it a lot.
and also John Galliano 2003SS ,about the India.
The oriental things are beautiful and mystic. :blush: :blush: :flower: :flower:

i think you like JG ,me too

i also know some music of his shows,but not much.

like:
03 galliano FW
andrews sisters-boogie woogie bugle boys; rum and coca-cola

04 galliano SS
bugsy malone-my name is tallulah
neneh cherry-buffalo stance
paul simon-50 ways to leave you lover
shirley ellis-the clapping song
simon and garfunkel-cecilia

:blush: :blush:

and do you have *JG 2003 SS* show's Video?or some music???i've never watched it.........I feel so sorry.................

Originally posted by brian+May 14th, 2004 - 2:38 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brian @ May 14th, 2004 - 2:38 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dior@May 13th, 2004 - 11:55 pm
madonna-die another day
and Can Can
...I was there too :rolleyes:

...Don't forget "Naughty Girl" by Beyonce, "Get Busy" by Sean Paul, and lots of random hand-clapping foot-stomping flamenco.

There was also that rather annoying (but I loved it!) song playing during the "tango" sequence, by some guy. Can anyone tell me what that song is?? I tried looking everywhere but I couldn't find anything.

I also need to find out what the song playing during the Can-Can segment was. It is the greatest EVER!

:unsure: [/b][/quote]
yeah!!!!i'd like to know that too!!!!!!but i connot understand what the woman sang,just like some strange ballads :flower: :huh: :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->