The New York Times T Style Magazine Travel Winter 2011 : Heidi Mount by Cass Bird

tarsha

Reaction score
1TINB.jpg

facebook/t magazine

Boulder Dash
Heidi Mount by Cass Bird
Styled by Ethel Park

nytimes.com

Last edited by a moderator:
it's always refreshing to see cass bird's works. i love her approach to photography. i love the cover and the ed. they are simple, yet pure of spirit.

This cover makes me think about "127 Hours" what's kinda creepy.

What a great cover and editorial. I love how they were shot, you can really feel the spirit they were going for in the images. Makes me feel wild and free just looking at them. Although, Prairie, I did have the same thought when I saw the cover at first, hopefully that's not what they were aiming for!

Full blog post and video with Heidi
Boulder Dash
by Sally Singer

I had taken a page from our cover model Heidi Mount’s book. Mount, who on these pages wears fall’s lumberjack chic, grew up four and a half hours from Moab in a suburb of Salt Lake City. Every spring break, her family would travel to Arches, Moab or Bryce, with neighbors and cousins in tow; the kids would sleep in tents, the parents in trailers.

“We would hike up into the mountains and try to catch lizards,” she recalls. “There were hieroglyphs on the walls.” Mount’s favorite arches are Delicate (“it’s the classic, it’s on the license plate, and it’s a longer hike”) and one shaped like a lollipop (“it doesn’t make any sense; it shouldn’t be there”), and she’s especially fond of the rocks known as the Priest and Nuns (“funny title in an L.D.S. state!”). Although she says that “sleeping outdoors is not a big deal for me,” Mount bunked down on this trip at the Sorrel River Ranch, a quietly luxe resort down the road from the campsite and the Towers, where local guides encouraged her to test her outdoorsy courage on the Colorado River rapids.
tmagazine.blogs.nytimes

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->