Thea Bregazzi, of Preen-Favourites Interview

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
Fashion junkie: Thea Bregazzi, of Preen
(Filed: 17/09/2005)

Thea Bregazzi founded the label Preen in 1996 with Justin Thornton - they first met aged 18 on the Isle of Man where both grew up. Since then they have built a reputation as one of London's most skilled design teams for their imaginative takes on traditional silhouettes. Preen is showing as part of London Fashion Week, and will also be part of Fashion, Film and Fiction, an exhibition at the Wapping Project until November 14 (020-7680 2080).

Which pieces are on your wish list this season? I've got my eye on our Preen man's oversize double-collar jacket - big on a man, huge on a woman. It looks really cool (5 Portobello Green, London W10; 020-8968 1542).

What would you wear on a night out? I've got a vintage Ossie Clark dress which has had quite a few outings recently.

What has been your biggest fashion indulgence? When I was a starving fashion student I spent almost my entire student loan on a John Galliano off-white suit jacket. I never regretted it and it's still one of my favourite pieces.*

Which are your favourite shops? I really like market areas, such as Portobello, with an eclectic mix of stalls. It makes shopping such a great experience. You never know what you might find, which always makes it exciting.

Where do you buy your underwear? M&S.

Who makes the best cashmere? There's a stall on Portobello Road - opposite Uncle's Café every Friday - where you can get the best-quality cashmeres around.

Heels? Lanvin (lanvin.com).

Trainers? I love what Mihara Yasuhiro is doing for Puma (mihara.puma.com).

Jeans? [/b]Levi's (levis.com).

Handbags? There are so many great bags around. I love Luella's bags (brownsfashion.com), but I've got my eye on a gorgeous quilted Marc Jacobs bag (marcjacobs.com). I recently got a brilliant Margiela bag with poppered compartments which is perfect for all my bits and bobs (maisonmartinmargiela.com).

Which is your favourite hotel?[/b] The Datai hotel in Lankawi, Malaysia (ghmhotels.com).

Which is your favourite bar? When we did our last catwalk show in Tokyo, after the aftershow party we all ended up in a tiny late-night bar called Singapore Nights. They had walls of vinyl and you could pick your record with your drink.

Which is your favourite coffee shop? The most frequented is Uncle's (305 Portobello Road, London W11); it's almost an extension to our office.

Do you take vitamins or supplements? I regularly take a special tea from the herbalist Zarvis London (zarvis.com). It's called Mountain tea, apparently made from leaves grown 1,000ft up. It's in great demand at stressful times - like in our studio before a show.

Which cosmetics would you be lost without? No 7 waterproof mascara.

Which scent do you wear? The Stella McCartney fragrance, and Ghost for evenings.

What is your exercise routine? Walking my very energetic Jack Russell terrier. And yoga.

Is there a diet that works for you? I have no willpower where food is concerned - my motto is, a little of what you fancy does you good.
* Interview by Naomi West
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/...&grid=P8&xml=/fashion/2005/09/19/efjunk17.xml

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for sharing soft! :flower:
i can't believe they've been here in malaysia without doing a show... :o
the oversized jacket sounds nice, i'll look into that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->