Preen: A Retrospective

i agree spacemui - its very very english - I was thinking that as I looked at the pictures today. There's a country feel about it too.....

I love S/S and A/W -01, I love the details. They sure have changed though.

Space hit the nail with that for sure. Yeah,there is an English vibe going on. Especially with their Victoriana/Edwardian references. The tailoring,the classic check and stripe shirting. But definitely a Sci-Fi contrast to it as well.

Ella,it's true. They have changed quite alot. Personally,I think perfer the style of these collections here. Although the latest one had signs of old Preen style.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the older collections, but I'm quite fond of S/S 05, especially the menswear:
PREE_SS05_030.jpg

PREE_SS05_063.jpg

PREE_SS05_250.jpg

PREE_SS05_159.jpg

Images from www.catwalking.com

Thank you for those Cerfas....I'd have to agree with you about that. The menswear is looking much stronger than the women's to me.

I love that first jacket and the red shirt with the ruffles...

Scott said:
Thank you for those Cerfas....I'd have to agree with you about that. The menswear is looking much stronger than the women's to me.

I love that first jacket and the red shirt with the ruffles...

ditto

ditto too..the red shirt is gorgeous..i wanna own it!

You're welcome, Scott
The colors in this collection were very nice, the orangered quite striking against the rest (slightly predictable grey tones)

More Preen, loveable Preen
00017.L.JPG

00006.L.JPG

00009.L.JPG

I really love these jackets, and how they have exoskeletons that look like sports equipment
F/W 2003
firstview.com

Truthfully, I could post almost every look from this collection, but I guess I won't.
00039.L.JPG

I love how they use patchworking, it looks GOOD and not silly or dated or jumbled
00063.L.JPG

00020.L.JPG

00033.L.JPG

00028.L.JPG

simple, clean lines used so effectively
I think it's a brilliant collection, mostly I think because it shows things my mind has never thought of before.

I hope I won't get into trouble for posting this here but there's a seller on ebay that's selling a gorgeous pair of Preen short trousers/breeches with skirted bits from their A/W 99-00 collection. And since I had never seen any of that collection I thought I'd post the images and a presentation shot the seller provided as well. Too beautiful what they were doing then....

Unfortunately,the presentation image isn't the best of quality(as it appears to have been scanned from an article)-

hte647.jpg

hte7x1.jpg

hte8ht.jpg

(images: ebay.com under Preen listing)

Preen are probably the most exciting label in London at the moment, they are about to expode!

explode? I don't know if i like the sound of that...
Not that I don't want them to do well & make money, but too often quality gets compromised when a label "explodes"
not always tho I should just keep quiet :wink:

It's interesting to see how they grow each season. I think with the past few collections they have honed in on what they want to say. I think maybe they need a couple more seasons, but now more than ever they have a signature. SS 05 and AW 05 were amazing collections, some of the best of the season and certainly in London. I felt with SS 06 they referenced a bit too much but that happens to creatives, certainly with fashion. I always have great anticipation for their shows and I expect great things from them!

also love them! love mostly the collections in which deconstruction is most present. they can do it in a way that makes it look so easy... and it is not!
some photos from spring 06.

Hey guys...if anyone is in London, Preen are having a sample sale. It started yesterday and ends tomorrow. 11-7pm. At their Portobello Green store.
Prices start at £5.

Susie how do find out about all these sample sales?

Subscribe to Daily Candy, Urban Junkies.
Time Out also has loadsa sample sale ads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hosewearer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->