Thin / Fine Hair

my hair isnt thin but with the wrong cut it can get that way. i love soft blunt ends.

If you have wery thin,fine, straight hair, whats the 'best' cut to make it look voluminous?

Has anyone tried Rene Furterer? I hear his hair care products works wonders on thin or thinning hair. I just ordered two of his products...the regenerating complexe 5 oil which helps promote healthy scalp with essential oils. With that your hair grows healthier, thicker, and longer. Plus I've read reviews on sephora, makeup alley, and amazon that the oil actually helps poeple with oily hair. His line is also for men not just for women. And then I bought his stimulating shampoo.

They are really expensive but I've just read so many great reviews I had to splurge!

I will update once I get the products!

Has anyone tried Kerastase Volumactive? I might just go for it. My hair literally collapses after a couple of hours after I've washed it, and then it's just...flat.

Not to follow a question with a question, but has anyone tried the Shen Min stuff? I've seen it advertised, but I'm a bit wary. I tried Nioxin, and while it does work with new hair growth, the trade off for me is that it irritates the eczema on my scalp. :doh:

My hair thinned due to poor diet and it's starting to come back now after more than a year of eating healthy and taking supplements, but it's still not back to the (still thin) thicker version of prior years. I've been searching for something other than Rogaine to slap on my head, but so far, no luck.

oil your hair atleast twice a week.. massage it gently into ur scapl and wash it off after 2 hours.
castor oil gives best results for a lot of people.. try mustard oil too (smells horrid but its worked for many!)

hahah thats sooo arab to oil the hair twice a week.
my grandma used to do mine when i was a kid every wednesday afternoon and i had the longest thickest hair ever.
but of course i ruined it with too many dye jobs and now it s thin and am trying to do the oil treatment but it takes time

lol wallah it works!!!

im 23 and i still do it!

o inti kaman.. i ruined mine KTEER..

(here's hoping u understand my dialect :P)

bas i use castor oil.. i stopped using mustard oil.. couldnt stand the smell.. coconut oil is gd too..

I just ordered Kerastase Volumactive Expansion Spray. Hope it works. I don't want my hair to be thicker, I want it to have more volume. I have lots of hair actually, but it's really fine, and it looks sooo flat when it's long. I haven't found a hair cut that allows me to have long hair and some volume too, it's one or the other :(

I've got a lot of fine hair and when I was younger it was long and such a pain.I've had it in a short pixie cut which gives it a lot more texture.Once or twice a week I massage olive oil in my scalp and let it sit overnight.
The best way to get texture for me is to shampoo in the evening and go to sleep with damp hair,authentic bed head! Then I use Bed Head by Tigi and play with it.

I just ordered Kerastase Volumactive Expansion Spray. Hope it works. I don't want my hair to be thicker, I want it to have more volume. I have lots of hair actually, but it's really fine, and it looks sooo flat when it's long. I haven't found a hair cut that allows me to have long hair and some volume too, it's one or the other :(

oooh. please let me know if this works?
il try it out too then :smile:

Unfortunately I have very thin hair. And I don't know what to do to make them more thick. :(

I also have fine hair (not as fine as my mum's and sister's though, theirs really is like baby hair) and it's coloured.

I had lovely thick hair as a kid/teenager then dyeing it kind of ruined it.

I can't wear it long and coloured because it looks horrid and limp no matter what product I use and I hate that awkward growing out a short cut/colour phase. But I want different coloured hair to what I was born with. So for me it was a choice and I've chosen to have it cropped but coloured. Short hair suits me and my lifestyle so I'm happy with it but it'd be nice to have long, thick highlighted hair again.

Unfortunately you can't always get what you want!

I have very fine hair but lots of it. The best volumizer hands down is Phytologie's PhytoVolum Actif. I've tried Bumble and Bumble's Thickening Spray. It works alright but can be a mess if you use to much and you MUST blow dry with it. I have also used Kerastase's volumizing line. I like the Kerastase but didn't feel like I was getting my money's worth.

I have thin/fine hair (but a lot of it) and right now I am trying Nioxin hair care to try and thicken up my hair. I've only been using it around 5 days so I can't say if I've noticed a difference yet. I'm thinking of trying out castor oil.

I have long fine hair but would like to have more volume, I have some long layers and i love the haircut, its really versatile but at the crown it just looks really flat. I don´t want to get shorter layers and definitely don´t like to blowdry my hair every single day. What type of product should I use? volumizing spray or mousse or what? totally clueless here.

I have been doing the organic Keratin treatments, and they really put some substance into my fine hair. Although, I have been thinking of doing some phyto serum treatments to my scalp at the temples to make the hair grow more full in those areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->