Thom Browne F/W 2024.25 New York

Nah, I can't be watching sh*t like this on 3.5 hour of sleep.

If this side of Thom Browne ceased to exist, I wouldn't bat an eye. His runway presentations serve zero purpose because it rarely reflects the shop floor pieces, nor is it really that developed compared to all his other collections. He's an incredibly corny and cliché designer and I find his stuff looks far more dated than it should. Hate the spoken word piece too, so whimsically saccharine for no reason.

Now Browne repeatedly has a penchant for having his models walk in difficult shoes and sets, and once again it's happening here. When will that give up?

Some fairly interesting concepts but it's so overwrought you can tell he doesn't really know what he's doing.

The colours are perfect in their Lagerfeld glory. Black, white, grey. Notice the downgrade when it diverges from it. The majority of shapes are good and fashionable, even an extreme one like the cocoon dresses.

The men's tasteful, but the lack of pants is not good. And where are the nice shorts? Thom, I won't take your men's skirts seriously if you're not wearing them, c'mon.

he can be so heavily referential and still so unique and fantastic!
I wasn’t so impressed with his previous presentations but oh boy is it good to have him back ?
I absolutely love this side of fashion and I appreciate him so much for this!
and then everything is perfectly constructed, cut, layered. so good.

I’ll say it again: this is the man who should be Chanel’s creative designer.

I dont get it. This man is not right for Chanel at all. The genius of Chanel is that Karl was able to make clothes that are obviously French obviously expensive and easy to wear. This is none of those things. Its hardly wearable which totally defeats the purpose of runway to be frank. It doesn't look expensive to my eye, I just know it is because I know clothes. A normie would just see a big mess = cheap clothes.

I only buy a few TB pieces here and there (like once every 3 years it seems) because his look is SO overpowering its hard to really integrate it into a wardrobe. That is also very un-Chanel because Chanel RTW by Karl went with anything and it looked expensive.

Anyway as a menswear brand I love TB. Truly the only mens american label that could be considered HF. I guess he sells a lot because these shows full of costume and props cost.

i love it i always look forward to his shows. Always soo whimsical but well made. i want a mens version of that black tweed coat that ombres into multicolor tweed and i love the 8th look. He makes tailored pieces look so fun and fresh.

He is definitely not Karl but for sure he can add more to Chanel than whatever virginie is doing. But I guess his own label is doing well enough and slowly becoming mainstream.

He can't draw or make a decent pattern, he just tells his team the idea and this is what comes out....Simple as f**k and ugly as f**k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoonChin88
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->