Toga Fall/Winter 2005 Tokyo

runner

Reaction score
01.jpg

02.jpg

07.jpg

from yomiuri.co.jp

The designer behind the Japanese fashion label TOGA is Yasuko Furuta.

She is an ESMOD Paris graduate (1994) and founded her label in 1997 after working as a costume designer mainly for commercials.

The Tokyo-based label hails the "New Layered Style" in Japanese fashion which is characterized by mismatched, multi-layered ensembles, often incorporating frayed or damaged items.

Furuta presented her first collection for the Spring/Summer season 1999 and has been active since.

from cfa

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks interesting. I like the pre raphaelite touch this seems to have. also look at the cut of some of the skirts - its very similar to comme s/s 04 I think. do you agree? Thankyou as always runner.

i like it a lot, the last two dresses are so cute and also the skirts and the shoes :wub:

very interesting, i love the last look.
the only thing that makes me slightly uneasy is the use of velvet.
thanks for posting, runner!

i love toga! this isnt my favorite collection tho. i like the 'mix' , gives it an interesting edge. i like the last look the best..

thanks runner.

LolitaLuxe said:
i love toga! this isnt my favorite collection tho. i like the 'mix' , gives it an interesting edge. i like the last look the best..

thanks runner.

I feel the same

It's mostly very interesting to look at, but I find the first look in post #2 rather repulsive. Those colors... :sick:

Interesting but not the best..I have a strange reaction to it. Part of me really likes it (or wants to perhaps) but the other part doesn't

i like Toga, we used to sell at the same boutique in Paris,
much better than undercover and this collection seems like a departure of style no?
faves the red and the purple looks at post 2 & 3

thanks for the topic runner :flower:

Nice layering, at first glance my thought was 'interesting', but the more you look at it.. I don't know, it gets less appealing to me. Only the 1st and last dresses remain lovely :heart:

i didn't really like this at first...but it's starting to grow on me...
i keep coming back to it because i think the HAIR is soooooo goood...!!!
very different and yet familiar at the same time...and very well executed..imo...

thanks runner...:flower:

you are all welcome

softgrey said:
i think the HAIR is soooooo goood...!!!
very different and yet familiar at the same time...and very well executed..imo...

thanks runner...:flower:
Fueki is in the hair??

unfortunately I can no longer see the pics runner posted

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->