Tom Ford F/W 2017.18 : Binx Walton, Charlee Fraser, & Jegor Venned by Mario Sorrenti

AlbertNoir

Reaction score
Preview

instagram.com/tomford

Last edited by a moderator:

tomford.com

Last edited by a moderator:
So good ! Binx looks amazing. I might be wrong, but the 2nd girl looks a bit like Charlee?

^ I was thinking the same. And the male model is Jegor Venned.

He hasn't had a great campaign in a long time, but this is pretty good in my opinion.
Very opulent, very TF.

I'm quite surprised Binx and Charlee are getting this much big campaigns but congrats to them.

Why is Charlee all of the sudden everywhere? :lol: I don't get her appeal...

I don't like the models choice here, but I think the campaign is good. :smile:

It's so weird to see the two Celine girls doing Tom Ford. I like when Tom goes in that very unexpected route.

The campaign is very simple, classic Tom Ford. I like it because it reminds me of his campaign at his own brand before her started to do womenswear. Those were just the best.

This is maybe his best campaign in a long time. This is better than what he did with big photographers.

I love the boot shot, all the mens shots and the first shot with Binx. It could have been better in the lighting...

I'm very surprised. The collection was so retro and this is very modern. I'm also surprised by the styling...We don't see that much clothes. It's not that much about the collection than the Tom Ford lifestyle/brand or whatever.

It's my biggest surprise of the season actually.

I like it.. :ninja: :lol:.. I was never even a fan of his work and his career in film has definitely contributed but man, this is such a breath of fresh air these days..

I'm neutral, it just feels half baked. Binx, who I really like, doesn't have the sex appeal to command this. Looks like a Céline woman trying to be provocative. Not working in my books. Why not get someone like Irina or Adriana for this?

Unfortunately after seeing the shots for Pre-Autumn with Grace Bol this just pales in comparison. I would rather have seen her in the main campaign with that attitude than this.

I'm neutral, it just feels half baked. Binx, who I really like, doesn't have the sex appeal to command this. Looks like a Céline woman trying to be provocative. Not working in my books. Why not get someone like Irina or Adriana for this?

They are very sexy but they aren't really Tom Ford. Tom has never been that much about the obvious bombshell...
Apart from Lara Stone, i don't remember a "sexy girl" in a campaign for him. Even on the runway, Adriana and Irina are not really TF.

He seems to love Binx. This is her 2nd campaign i believe.

The campaign with Grace Bol was great. I think Daphne would have been great for it. Even Mica...She is good for Tom Ford.

But he needs to give a campaign to Liya or Amber once again.

I really like it, however my only complaint is that the photography is too crisp. It's pin sharp and a little overdone. I would have liked it to be a little softer. Other than that It works.

So The campaign was shot by Sorrenti, styled by Alastair Mckimm, Hair by Orlando Pita and Make-up by Aaron de Mey.

This is quite a departure for Tom. I hope he will keep the same team and just switch the photographers from now...

This was on the verge of being successful. The provocative and sexual undertones that I've always liked from Tom Ford are present here but the execution doesn't live up to me. I feel like they should have just went for it! Benn said it best, half-baked.

All-in-all I don't think its bad just wanted more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->