Tom Ford F/W 2019.20 New York

I feel as if he just grabbed pieces from previous collections and sent them down the runway and hoped no one would notice.

Those two velvet suit jackets in pink and deep red are absolutely gorgeous and chic! It's a shame everything else is so worthless.

I'll take a Thom Brown skirt-suit over a Tom Ford satin-suit any day.

Not a stitch on last season's collection and find this underwhelming and unmemorable for someone of Tom Ford's stature. I was certainly expectant of a whole lot more and I feel like everything is all over the place with this in terms of placement and styling. Yeah... not TF's finest moment!

Tommy boy, if you ready this: just forget this is 2019, stop trying to look "mature", and give us some damned sexy Gucciness! The world is tired of Hedi's notion of groupie sexappeal, it's time for some overtly sexual power!

Love the blazers, though.

Oh my, some of those combinations were truly a sight to behold.

I don't think this collection is nearly as bad as it's being discussed here - Even though I will not deny I came to accept his work these days doesn't come nearly as close to his blockbuster years of the early 2000s at Gucci and YSL.

After the disastrous 80ies trash collection from a year ago, I'm just happy to see him doing something a lot more simplified, wearable and luxurious looking. The color combinations are divine, not far off from how Alber's Lanvin and any Haider Ackermann collection would win me over. I also have good faith that the satin pants are alright in person, at the very latest when they come delivered to the stores, I can't imagine Tom Ford production to look messy. I would skip the rolled up hems and just leave them look clean and neat, for a more precise look.

It reminded me of his Gucci days and I missed that mood. His menswear looks fantastic on the runway but in the store, you never see these edgy nice pieces. All you find is sweaters, old-fashioned jeans and clothes for men over 50.. it's really disappointing. It's an over-priced Massimo Dutti which is sad.

His menswear looks fantastic on the runway but in the store, you never see these edgy nice pieces. All you find is sweaters, old-fashioned jeans and clothes for men over 50.. it's really disappointing. It's an over-priced Massimo Dutti which is sad.
I think it depends on the countries or cities because it’s quite similar for the womenswear. For his bolder collections, they had pieces inspired.
In Paris for example, it’s slightly more classic than in London. I don’t think his international clientele necessarly comes to Paris.

^Ditto, in Milan there are always some fancy men's clothes there, probably because Italian men are peacocks:lol:

^Ditto, in Milan there are always some fancy men's clothes there, probably because Italian men are peacocks:lol:
At least, it’s interesting. I like men who takes risks and TF has some interesting colors and pattern combinations. I’m not a big fan of his Hit dinner jackets tho.

I feel like Hedi Slimane has killed French sartorial style. But thank god there’s Dries, Tom and Haider. Some of the most elegant men in Paris that I know buys clothes there.

He needs to go back to making sexy mid late 70s Halston- Disco sl*t influenced clothes he was THE expert at that. Those silk roll-up pants are horribly cut and those MJ Dr Seuss hats make everything look comical. The menswear is atriocious.

the collection is decent but very lazy. Same style just change the palette and voilà! the close-up shoot is coming soon so we can see the details?

the gowns at the end are good.

otherwise i think tom ford lives in a bubble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->