Tom Ford F/W 2024.25 Milan

I will have to agree with this. Casting directors are too busy trying to be inclusive and the designers are going along with it, not realizing their brands are being diluted. Same for the show producers producing these long and complicated runway setups. The fashion at fashion shows these days is getting lost.

I actually like the pieces more now and don't think this collection is all that bad.
What has inclusivity of models have to do with lame casting and lame collections in a fashion show ??? TF him self at gucci had Asian and Poc...etc models and he loves much like his hero Yves Saint Laurent black models .......

What has inclusivity of models have to do with lame casting and lame collections in a fashion show ??? TF him self at gucci had Asian and Poc...etc models and he loves much like his hero Yves Saint Laurent black models .......
No.
Let me clarify.
My statement has nothing to do with skin colour or race, but aesthetic. For example, someone like Julia Nobis is not an ideal Tom Ford woman, in my opinion, and I doubt I would cast her. Someone like Nyasha Matonhodze is. Instead of going for safe casting, I want brands to go with their normal aesthetic.

Am I the only one finding issues on the sleeves and the way they are attached to the shoulders on the blazers, especially the womens purple and the light grey ones ?

No.
Let me clarify.
My statement has nothing to do with skin colour or race, but aesthetic. For example, someone like Julia Nobis is not an ideal Tom Ford woman, in my opinion, and I doubt I would cast her. Someone like Nyasha Matonhodze is. Instead of going for safe casting, I want brands to go with their normal aesthetic.

Absolutely.

There was such an individuality, a very heightened and distinct signature— in terms of a look, from one designer’s vision of ideal beauty to the next. Tom Ford’s Gucci gave rise to that bygone era of hedonism of the 1970s, but never costumey and a caricature; his women were icy but still fun. And his men were slender, beautiful and still unwaveringly masculine.

And others like Gaultier’s casts were always like multicultural royalty— just classic, timeless beautiful women and men. Prada’s were nerdy but sexy; and her cast of men were the type of men that may have been nerdy, thin, but still had smoulder. Helmut’s were icy, cool and so fresh, so clean. Dries’ cast always were gentlemanly and gentlewomanly 1950s glam. McQueen’s and Galliano’s were the masterclass chameleons that played out the designers’ wildest fantasies.

Nowadays it’s just random, and (extremely) lowered standards of headcounts with not a whiff of distinction from one designer’s cast to the next: Gucci’s blends into Tom Ford's that blends into Prada’s that blends into McQueen’s... The only ones that dare to cast a distinct look while keeping to the unspoken but strict rule of headcounts are Hedi and Galliano (and Anthony's SL is clever enough o remember the classic YSL women to churn out the same signatures over and over). Surprisingly and impressively, LaQuan Smith is very consistent with his casting of hardbodied women and thankfully— not a child in sight.

Absolutely.

There was such an individuality, a very heightened and distinct signature— in terms of a look, from one designer’s vision of ideal beauty to the next. Tom Ford’s Gucci gave rise to that bygone era of hedonism of the 1970s, but never costumey and a caricature; his women were icy but still fun. And his men were slender, beautiful and still unwaveringly masculine.

And others like Gaultier’s casts were always like multicultural royalty— just classic, timeless beautiful women and men. Prada’s were nerdy but sexy; and her cast of men were the type of men that may have been nerdy, thin, but still had smoulder. Helmut’s were icy, cool and so fresh, so clean. Dries’ cast always were gentlemanly and gentlewomanly 1950s glam. McQueen’s and Galliano’s were the masterclass chameleons that played out the designers’ wildest fantasies.

Nowadays it’s just random, and (extremely) lowered standards of headcounts with not a whiff of distinction from one designer’s cast to the next: Gucci’s blends into Tom Ford's that blends into Prada’s that blends into McQueen’s... The only ones that dare to cast a distinct look while keeping to the unspoken but strict rule of headcounts are Hedi and Galliano (and Anthony's SL is clever enough o remember the classic YSL women to churn out the same signatures over and over). Surprisingly and impressively, LaQuan Smith is very consistent with his casting of hardbodied women and thankfully— not a child in sight.
Yes !! Exactly this !!

No.
Let me clarify.
i kind of understand what your saying but Julia Nobis could be like a Erin O'Connor that Tom had also in Gucci years so i think a good casting is made of a twist and depends also on the clothes ...you know when it all clicks it clicks regardless of typical girls or not.

Karen Elson is also not typical TF but Tom kept using her till the end.

i kind of understand what your saying but Julia Nobis could be like a Erin O'Connor that Tom had also in Gucci years so i think a good casting is made of a twist and depends also on the clothes ...you know when it all clicks it clicks regardless of typical girls or not.

Karen Elson is also not typical TF but Tom kept using her till the end.
I think it’s difficult to imagine a Julia Nobis in a Tom Ford universe because Tom only stopped last year and I don’t remember her ever walking his shows.

However, I think Karen Elson or someone like Erin O’Connor are very Tom Ford.

Gisele for example, despite having walked some Gucci shows in the early days of his career, is not very Tom Ford. But she is that idea of a Uber woman so it works.

For me the Top Ford woman is not a glamazon. She becomes sexy on his shows. That’s why girls like Binx, Omahyra, Bimba Bose made sense.

However, neither Bella, Gigi and Kendall are Tom Ford. But they are Carine girls…

I think it’s difficult to imagine a Julia Nobis in a Tom Ford universe because Tom only stopped last year and I don’t remember her ever walking his shows.

However, I think Karen Elson or someone like Erin O’Connor are very Tom Ford.

Gisele for example, despite having walked some Gucci shows in the early days of his career, is not very Tom Ford. But she is that idea of a Uber woman so it works.

For me the Top Ford woman is not a glamazon. She becomes sexy on his shows. That’s why girls like Binx, Omahyra, Bimba Bose made sense.

However, neither Bella, Gigi and Kendall are Tom Ford. But they are Carine girls…
Like you said TF makes the girls or woman become sexy, so for me even if he never used Julia Nobis she could be transformed just like Karen Elson or someone like Erin O’Connor these nerdy girls are similar to me in vibe.

Gigi did many TF ads and shows, Bella did one show at least i can remember

Tom used for a mix of types of girls: popular, sexy or less conventional sexy ........

402661-800w.jpg
baby gigi

grand lady gigi
Tom-Ford-Spring-Summer-2019-Campaign06.jpg

just to show what i mean : the mix of types of girls Julia could easy stand in between.

TF girls .jpg

^^
That Gigi fragrance campaign and the FW2014 campaigns are still as ugly as I remember.
The shoes were great in 2014 though.

That being said, I think I stand on my point. Even if he has the ability to make the girls sexy, some were clearly badly casted.

I think only Yaya (black sequined ensemble) and Sabrina (pony skin coat) have the charisma and allure of a Tom Ford woman. It’s a question of allure and Charisma more than look.

Julia Nobis is a good model but not charismatic.

I think about Freja for example. She is very charismatic and her campaign with the birds is one of the best for Tom Ford.

^^
That Gigi fragrance campaign and the FW2014 campaigns are still as ugly as I remember.
The shoes were great in 2014 though.

That being said, I think I stand on my point. Even if he has the ability to make the girls sexy, some were clearly badly casted.

I think only Yaya (black sequined ensemble) and Sabrina (pony skin coat) have the charisma and allure of a Tom Ford woman. It’s a question of allure and Charisma more than look.

Julia Nobis is a good model but not charismatic.

I think about Freja for example. She is very charismatic and her campaign with the birds is one of the best for Tom Ford.
:smile: for model or casting for TF i dont dont look for the best casting to be honest nor adv ......for that i look at his gucci years or ysl where image and story and girl where more in tune and directional.

Freja one was funny but for me the most TF woman was Carolyn Murphy for TF , if i had to stand on any point regarding TF woman that embodies his brand allure the most.

tomford-eyewear.jpg

My favourite TF models are:
View attachment 1290271View attachment 1290272
Amber Valletta and Georgina Grenville

google images
not fair :-) that's Gucci TF it's another level and time and brand story...hope the new TOM FORD brand Creative director would bring to the TF brand back this day light sex glamour lux sleek but effortless less staged and less FHM magazine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidedoll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->