Tom Ford S/S 2020 New York

The first 3 baggy looks are totally out of the place and incoherent. Delete them please..

I am a diehard TF stan, but this is the absolute worst collection he has ever presented. From the styling to the fabrications to the design. A bonafide mess. Is he working on another film? Because this atrocity would only be excusable if he were preoccupied with other projects?
And of course we see biased industry "experts" like James Scully lauding this garbage.

It's not that these clothes are BAD, not in the sense that they are offensive. I just... I just...

Well, I just don't WHO they are for! Or, WHO wants to wear them?!!!

I am a diehard TF stan, but this is the absolute worst collection he has ever presented. From the styling to the fabrications to the design. A bonafide mess. Is he working on another film? Because this atrocity would only be excusable if he were preoccupied with other projects?
And of course we see biased industry "experts" like James Scully lauding this garbage.

Werq *snap* You totally read this collection.

I think he IS working on another movie.

I love these baggy looks and the jumpsuits like the one on Adut and I would totally love to wear them!

Werq *snap* You totally read this collection.

I think he IS working on another movie.
Or it has to do with being president of the CFDA. These are his first few months and he must be quite busy with that. No matter the reason, this looks it was put together 5 days before the show.

If I see ruched detailing once more, I swear! And that's aimed at you too, Jacquemus.

Actually like the androgynous looks, but that's it. Everything else is mediocre. And this time he even managed to muck up the menswear, which is normally his saving grace.

Does it mean that CFDA may have won him to pull their house in order, but the TF customer just lost their supply chain? How long before he'll sink to DvF level of irrelevance in terms of design? And how will these collections impact the bottom line? Maybe not, actually. The TF woman will only be too happy have faintly updated wares even if it is a con job. Question is, for how long? Because, remember his clothes are 'verrry expensive.'

Because, remember his clothes are 'verrry expensive.'

Oh God, anytime Tom mentions how expensive his clothes are, in the context of who he thinks cannot wear them, I want to scream. Publicly bragging about how expensive your wares are in that very deliberate, snobbish manner of speaking he’s adapted (we know you’re from Texas, Tom, you’re not fooling anyone) strikes me as not only tone deaf but also a bit déclassé.

You can't totally spot the collections where he didn't put that much effort into it and was busy doing side gigs. This is one of them.

Oh God, anytime Tom mentions how expensive his clothes are, in the context of who he thinks cannot wear them, I want to scream. Publicly bragging about how expensive your wares are in that very deliberate, snobbish manner of speaking he’s adapted (we know you’re from Texas, Tom, you’re not fooling anyone) strikes me as not only tone deaf but also a bit déclassé.

What on Earth does being from Texas have to do with anything? Do you even know that Texas has one the highest concentrations of wealth in the U.S. and, as a result, one of the best collections of vintage Dior and Balenciaga haute couture in the world?

I’m well aware of the amount of wealth and culture concentrated in some areas of Texas. My reference to the state was in jest and was only referring to Tom’s affected speech, which sounds decidedly (in my opinion) un-Texas.

You can't totally spot the collections where he didn't put that much effort into it and was busy doing side gigs. This is one of them.

And you can add the FW19 on that list. I find this one much more appealing as there are very good eye-catching pieces.

FW19 is maybe one of the cheapest collection he has done and I think this one too won’t be too expensive. The evening « plastron » will sell well and they are editorial pieces that people wants today.

I wish at least that his collections reflects the side things he is doing. The collections he presented during the filming and the promo of Nocturnal Animals didn’t reflect at all the movie and it was kind of frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->