Tommy Hilfiger S/S 2013 by Craig McDean

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
Never ending vacation... Would love to be a part of it.

nXVt3.jpg

Facebook/Tommy Hilfiger

JESUS!! soo boring. Always the same. I'm so tired of it...

Yes, always the same, it also looks fake! Because there is so much in the pic everything looks cheap, produced for the masses.

Is that David Agbodji in the bottom left corner?? His whole face has been covered. What's the point?

Perfect collection ends up in a snoozefest campaign..

^ I know. It's literally awful. TH has produced stunning womens and menswear collections consistently since S/S 2011 and yet they choose to brainwash us into boredom with the exact same campaign every bloody single season :hardhead:.

As much as I love McDean's work I have to say that he just doesn't cut it when it comes to producing a commercial portfolio for me. Poynter's ads were far superior to this groundhog day affair. Although the redundancy is probably down to 'art direction' or TPTB :rolleyes:.

Good to see Jourdan and Tian join the usual bunch though, at the very least.

Nice image but boring. When can they get rid of this Hilfiger family idea? Yawn.

More like a never-ending ivy league frat/sorority fete and an orgy just waiting to happen (minus the basset hound). TH panders too much to the elite collegiate status.

^This! Exactly this. Tommy Hilfiger is totally a brand I associate with a preppy Ivy League student, so I get what they're going for even though the same campaign every season is super boring.

I think of Tommy Hilfiger as a lifestyle brand rather than a high fashion one, so his ads have to always reflect a specific group of peopel in specific settings. Not being interested in that whole thing its what makes his ads boring and irrelevant to me season after season, but maybe they appeal to their actual customers.

Are both of the brunettes Jacquelyn Jablonski?

Tommy Hilfiger ads always make me think of rich parents who want their kids to have everything & to have friends at the white house etc., and the kids just want to change their Hilfiger clothes to something overly sexy and get drunk and arrested just so their parents have to bail them out the next day and pay their colleges to not to kick them out. Much like I imagine Gossip girl to be:lol:

HQ's

Jacquelyn Jablonski, Toni Garrn, Jourdan Dunn

Digital Edition Vogue US 02/2013

love the location :D i think that individual shots work way better though...you can actually see the clothes

I'm glad that Templer didn't mess around with the original runway pieces too much this time. The third shot of Jacquelyn is just mesmerizing :heart:. She and Jourdan steal this campaign for me.

So overall a slight improvement, but my original sentiments still remain the same...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexdan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->