Top 10 New Faces S/S 11

Models.com Top 10 Newcomer SS11: Daphne(Women)

img0057700x875000155400.jpg

Daphne Groeneveld Image courtesy of Women Milan

Daphne Groeneveld is the classic case of a rare girl who logs a respectable first season via the Prada/Miu Miu FW 10 camp, builds her way through the Miu Miu campaign into standout appearances (such as the one for Givenchy Haute Couture in July ) and then explodes in New York due to her well timed Calvin exclusive. With rumors running at a maximum tilt that Daphne’s runway and campaign momentum is about to find serious editorial sanction, this 15 year old Dutch sensation may well be more than simply a Top 10 Newcomer. She may very well grow up to be a defining girl of her generation.
The first line is sorta wrong though - while she did catch the eye of many, including Miuccia/Russell, she didn't actually end up walking Prada (cancelled) or Miu Miu in F/W 10. She did shows like Giorgio Armani, Emporio Armani, Hogan, Pollini, Versus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Models.com Top 10 Newcomer SS11: Arizona (Next)

am700x93360523996055684.jpg

After slinking out as Girl 1 at BCBG SS11 in New York, Next newcomer Arizona Muse certainly was flashing “most favored” status on the the model watching charts. That status found perfect follow-through in Arizona’s first and last exit at Prada SS11, suggesting an expected appearance for Miu Miu in Paris and definite attention from the full ranks of star making photographers, editors and stylists. The interesting subtext to Arizona is she is the second Next LA sourced model to open a Prada show and the third American in a row to secure that position. Is the West Coast or Mid West American girl therefore about to emerge as the new model ideal in Europe? It will be interesting to see how Prada’s message will translate to the wider model making market.
models.com

Kirsi Pyrhonen
Julija Stepanoviciute
Samantha Gradoville
Daphne Groeneveld
Lindsay Wixson
Bo Don
Ylonka Verheul
Julia Nobis
Sun Fei Fei
:blush::heart:

Updating my list

Arizona Muse
Basia S
Britt Maren Stavinoha
Daphne Groeneveld
Kirsi Pyrhonen
Kristina Romanova
Linnea Regnander
Melodie Monrose
Samantha Gradoville
Theres Alexandersson

Possible:

Hanna Samokhina
Ilvie Wittek
Lindsey Wixson

i would like to add jessica clark , she may not be storming the runway , but the shows that she is walking are decent

What is the criteria used; i.e., number of shows, just this season, do they have to have done a full circuit, etc.?

Amazing things happen to Melodie Moronse in milan ,and she's in every major show in Milan that the place's merely kind to color models

What is the criteria used; i.e., number of shows, just this season, do they have to have done a full circuit, etc.?
It's quality of shows over anything.

Not necessarily a full circuit, but absolutely vital to have done well in Milan and Paris, or just Paris alone.

The new girls, that I've noticed the most.

Alejandra Alonso
Alina Baikova
Anais Pouliot
Basia S
Daphne Groeneveld
Hanna Samokhina
Iris Egbers
Jessica Clarke
Julia Saner
Kasia Wrobel
Kat Hessen
Kirsi Pyrhonen
Kristina Romanova
Lauren Brown
Linnea Regnander
Maddie Kulicka
Maren "Britt" Stavinoha
Melodie Monrose
Samantha Gradoville
Tali Lennox
Theres Alexanderssen
Yulia Terentieva

Models.com Top 10 Newcomer SS 11:Theres (IMG)

IMG_1825-700x933.jpg

After walking her first ever fashion show two months ago during Sweden Fashion Week, this 18 year old first season beauty first flashed on the SS11 radar as a Calvin exclusive in NYC. When Theres touched down for the European shows, the ripple effect registered in the form of bookings for Jil Sander, Alberta Ferretti , Dolce and Gabanna , D&G and Alessandro Dellaqua in Milan and thus far in Paris , Lanvin , Viktor and Rolf , Roland Mouret and Haider Ackerman. With 6 days of Paris shows still on the boards and of course the immediate roster of editorials and campaign options that follows those shows, expect Theres to emerge as one of the most coveted girls on those call sheets. Clients will revel in the fact that this is a true fashion girl with the personality, style and passion to take her breakthrough runway visibility into the magazines and campaigns.
models.com

I wonder what the agency's plan is for Alina Baikova. She only did Dior and Lanvin so far in Paris.

I don't think it's going to be easy predicting a top 10 this season: the only locks I have are Arizona Muse, Maren "Britt" Stavinoha, Daphne Groeneveld, Melodie Monrose, Samantha Gradoville and perhaps Julia Saner. Usually I find that there are several new faces who seem to walk all the big shows or at least an A-list showlist but I don't really think that's the case this season.

^Totally agree...it's a very very very difficult for establishing top 10 new girls. Are designers/casting directors super divided in their vision for the season? Are agencies following new ways of managing? I don't know, mayeb a combo. But reaching a total number of 10 is really hard.

It'd be more like picking the top 5 new faces for this this season. Casting this season has been all over the place for newbies and established girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->